Flookup adds functions to Google Sheets for comparing strings and searching tables based on percentage or sound similarity.
The add-on functions are the eponymous FLOOKUP, FUZZYMATCH, XFLOOKUP, ZFLOOKUP and RD.
1. FLOOKUP finds strings in vertically structured data, based on percentage similarity. Matches, for each lookup value, are listed in order of descending percentage similarity.
2. ZFLOOKUP finds strings in horizontally structured data, based on percentage similarity. Matches, for each lookup value, are listed in order of descending percentage similarity.
3. XFLOOKUP finds strings based on sound (as pronounced in English) in vertically structured data. Matches, for each lookup value, are listed in alphabetical order (A-Z).
4. FUZZYMATCH calculates the percentage similarity between two strings.
5. RD removes diacritical marks from any string. This is especially useful if applied before using any of the functions mentioned above.
Finally, you can also highlight cells or delete rows with duplicate values by accessing the respective functions from the add-on menu.
Flookup eliminates the need to:
1. Sort data sets.
2. Change the letter case of the strings.
3. Clean up any extra spaces.
4. Remove common punctuation marks.
Visit https://www.getflookup.com for more information.