Watch videos while you browse the internet. Works with: YouTube, Netflix, Twitch.tv, Vimeo, Dailymotion, Instagram, TED.
Source code and bug tracker are available at https://github.com/gabrielbarros/floating-player
- Support YouTube Playlists
- Support YouTube searches
- Set popup size (pixel-perfect)
- Detect video aspect ratio (16:9 or 4:3)
- Continue where you left off
- Playback speed, volume control, quality of videos
- Auto fullscreen
- Show/hide captions or annotations
- Show/hide related videos
- Shuffle playlist
- Open a new video in the same popup
- Play VEVO or UMG videos
- No tracking
- No dangerous permissions
Floating Player is a lightweight extension that lets you watch YouTube and Netflix videos while you browse the internet. You can also pin any tab you want, so that you can do two things at once!
HOW TO OPEN A POPUP?
• Click the extension icon on the top right corner of Chrome or...
• Right click the link of some video
IMPORTANT! LEARN HOW TO PIN THE POPUP:
• If you are using Windows XP or newer, you need to download an app called DeskPins (http://efotinis.neocities.org/deskpins/). Once installed, DeskPins stays in your system tray. Click the icon and your cursor will turn into a pin and then click the popup so that it keeps pinned to the top of your screen.
• Download DeskPins: https://bitbucket.org/efotinis/deskpins/downloads/DeskPins-1.32-setup.exe
• If you are using Ubuntu, it's even easier: just right-click the title bar of the popup and then "Always on top".
Works with: YouTube, Netflix, Twitch.tv, Vimeo, Dailymotion, Facebook videos, Instagram, TED, etc.
2.0.37 - 2018/02/17
- Fixed bug for Compiz window manager on Ubuntu
22.214.171.124 - 2018/02/10
- Fixed bug for older browsers
2.0.36 - 2018/02/10
- Added secret option to enable the add-on to set borderless/always-on-top popup
• Download https://github.com/gabrielbarros/floating-player-app/archive/master.zip
• Unzip it
• Move the folder "floating-player-app-master" to somewhere safe (Documents, Desktop, etc)
• Open Google Chrome
• Go to chrome://extensions/
• Check "Developer mode"
• Click the button "Load unpacked extension"
• Select the folder ...\floating-player-app-master\src (<-- SRC FOLDER!)
• Go to chrome-extension://ekajjllcmeckibblgckgoceinmmgnfop/options.html
• Press F9
• Click "Allow" and test it on YouTube
• If you want to disable it, press F9 again on options page
2.0.35 - 2018/02/07
- Now ?floating_player=1 is added at the end of the url so you can inject scripts and css via tampermonkey
2.0.34 - 2018/01/08
- Added option "Pin temporary tab before opening Helium" (macOS only)
- Added option "Helium app" (macOS only)
2.0.33 - 2018/01/04
- Added option "Keep position and current dimensions of popup when changing video"
2.0.32 - 2017/12/29
- Popup is focused on Chrome
2.0.31 - 2017/12/28
- Port to Firefox
2.0.30 - 2017/12/18
- Added option "Spoof Referrer header to be able to embed certain videos"
- Improved design for instructions, history and options page
2.0.29 - 2017/12/13
- Fixed option "Block mouse events"
- Removed Spanish translation
- Improved instructions page
2.0.28 - 2017/10/11
- Hidden options of ChromeOS and macOS from other OSs
2.0.27 - 2017/10/06
- Improved code
2.0.26 - 2017/10/05
- Fixed translation
2.0.25 - 2017/10/04
- Added option "Keep popup always on top on Chrome OS"
2.0.24 - 2017/10/04
- Added option "Remove borders and title bar on Chrome OS"
2.0.23 - 2017/10/01
- Added option "Block mouse events on YouTube videos"
2.0.22 - 2017/09/30
- Added option "Title for YouTube videos"
- Removed option "Show YouTube playlist counter[...]"
2.0.21 - 2017/09/29
- Fixed new url of Twitch.tv
- Added volume control for Twitch.tv
2.0.20 - 2017/08/31
- Improved instructions page
2.0.19 - 2017/08/28
- Added compatibility with addon for Chrome OS
2.0.18 - 2017/08/19
- Added option "Force full screen"
2.0.17 - 2017/08/18
- Removed menu instructions due to unknown bug
2.0.16 - 2017/08/18
- Added menu instructions
2.0.15 - 2017/08/09
- Improved loop for single videos
2.0.14 - 2017/08/06
- Added support to Pocket
2.0.13 - 2017/08/05
- Fixed incorrect video quality
2.0.12 - 2017/08/05
- Fixed bug for non-embeddable videos
2.0.11 - 2017/08/05
- Focus on popup after updating its url
2.0.10 - 2017/08/04
- Now popup won't resize when pausing/playing
- Fixed popup aspect ratio from 4:3 to non-youtube video
2.0.9 - 2017/08/03
- Code improvements
- Added support to Google search links
2.0.8 - 2017/07/29
- Readded permission to send data to YouTube (sorry!)
2.0.7 - 2017/07/29
- Fix popup height on Mac OS X
- Code improvements
2.0.6 - 2017/07/28
- Removed needless permissions
- Added support to time params for YouTube videos
- Added autoplay for Facebook
- Added support to Helium on MacOS
2.0.5 - 2017/07/27
- Fixed bug when videos play fullscreen
2.0.4 - 2017/07/27
- Removed option "4:3 size"
- 4:3 width is now calculated automatically from 16:9 height
2.0.3 - 2017/07/25
- Design improvements
- Added new recommended resolutions
2.0.2 - 2017/07/22
- Added option "Close current tab when creating a new popup"
- Added support to youtu.be links
- Added new alignment options
2.0.1 - 2017/07/20
- Added option "Animate popup title for YouTube videos"
- Added option "Loop YouTube videos and playlists"
- Added support to Ustream.tv
2.0 - 2017/07/19
- Added option "Enable history"
1.9.10 - 2017/07/18
- Added option "Shuffle YouTube playlist"
- Added option "Playback speed of YouTube videos"
- Added option "Quality of YouTube videos"
- Added option "Volume for YouTube videos"
1.9.9 - 2017/07/13
- Added option "Show fullscreen button on YouTube"
- Added option "Show YouTube logo that lets you open the video in a new tab"
- Added option "Allow control of the YouTube player by keyboard"
- Added autoplay for Vimeo, Smashcast and Vevo
1.9.8 - 2017/07/10
- Added YouTube Gaming
- Added option "Use YouTube TV for all YouTube videos"
1.9.7 - 2017/07/09
- Added option "Show YouTube playlist counter in popup title"
- Added button "Source code"
- Added support to YouTube channel and search
- Added option "Show video player controls on YouTube"
- Added option "Show video title on YouTube"
- Added option "Enable privacy-enhanced mode using youtube-nocookie.com"
- Removed permission to read the browsing history
1.9.6 - 2017/07/07
- Floating Player is open source now
1.9.5 - 2017/06/28
- Added option "Keep current popup instead of opening a new one"