Watch videos while you browse the internet. Works with: YouTube, Netflix, Twitch.tv, Vimeo, Dailymotion, Instagram, TED.
Source code and bug tracker are available at https://github.com/gabrielbarros/floating-player
Floating Player is a lightweight extension that lets you watch YouTube and Netflix videos while you browse the internet. You can also pin any tab you want, so that you can do two things at once!
HOW TO OPEN A POPUP?
• Click the extension icon on the top right corner of Chrome or...
• Right click the link of some video
IMPORTANT! LEARN HOW TO PIN THE POPUP:
• If you are using Windows XP or newer, you need to download an app called DeskPins (http://efotinis.neocities.org/deskpins/). Once installed, DeskPins stays in your system tray. Click the icon and your cursor will turn into a pin and then click the popup so that it keeps pinned to the top of your screen.
• Download DeskPins (portable, 105 kB): https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B9thhi06pOEsNUlFSDJ5RXJUak0/view?usp=sharing
• If you are using Ubuntu, it's even easier: just right-click the title bar of the popup and then "Always on top".
Works with: YouTube, Netflix, Twitch.tv, Vimeo, Dailymotion, Facebook videos, Instagram, TED, etc.
2.0.8 - 2017/07/29
- Readded permission to send data to YouTube (sorry!)
2.0.7 - 2017/07/29
- Fix popup height on Mac OS X
- Code improvements
2.0.6 - 2017/07/28
- Removed needless permissions
- Added support to time params for YouTube videos
- Added autoplay for Facebook
- Added support to Helium on MacOS
2.0.5 - 2017/07/27
- Fixed bug when videos play fullscreen
2.0.4 - 2017/07/27
- Removed option "4:3 size"
- 4:3 width is now calculated automatically from 16:9 height
2.0.3 - 2017/07/25
- Design improvements
- Added new recommended resolutions
2.0.2 - 2017/07/22
- Added option "Close current tab when creating a new popup"
- Added support to youtu.be links
- Added new alignment options
2.0.1 - 2017/07/20
- Added option "Animate popup title for YouTube videos"
- Added option "Loop YouTube videos and playlists"
- Added support to Ustream.tv
2.0 - 2017/07/19
- Added option "Enable history"
1.9.10 - 2017/07/18
- Added option "Shuffle YouTube playlist"
- Added option "Playback speed of YouTube videos"
- Added option "Quality of YouTube videos"
- Added option "Volume for YouTube videos"
1.9.9 - 2017/07/13
- Added option "Show fullscreen button on YouTube"
- Added option "Show YouTube logo that lets you open the video in a new tab"
- Added option "Allow control of the YouTube player by keyboard"
- Added autoplay for Vimeo, Smashcast and Vevo
1.9.8 - 2017/07/10
- Added YouTube Gaming
- Added option "Use YouTube TV for all YouTube videos"
1.9.7 - 2017/07/09
- Added option "Show YouTube playlist counter in popup title"
- Added button "Source code"
- Added support to YouTube channel and search
- Added option "Show video player controls on YouTube"
- Added option "Show video title on YouTube"
- Added option "Enable privacy-enhanced mode using youtube-nocookie.com"
- Removed permission to read the browsing history
1.9.6 - 2017/07/07
- Floating Player is open source now
1.9.5 - 2017/06/28
- Added option "Keep current popup instead of opening a new one"