Removes the URL link redirect and takes you direct to destination. Remove the middle man and tracking. Remove link Referrer.
It caters to PARTICULAR scenarios. This extension is okay to use along with similar extensions.
Fixes redirects that has URL like :
Note (Sept 2013), Yahoo has changed the inner workings of its site. So the usage scenario shown in my screenshot is no longer valid on Yahoo. I will change screenshot later on.
== Two Features ==
* Fixes link redirects. Allows specifying custom links to work on or to avoid.
* Removes link ‘Referrer‘. Its a totally separate feature than fix redirect. It can be disabled in extension Options. The site 'referral' information is removed behind the scenes and for that no icon (in address bar) or anything is shown, works silently.
As side effect:
* Removes middle-man / tracking.
* Improves page load time
= You train it by adding links to it as you use it. =
== Two use Modes for Redirect feature ==
* Either Work on All redirect links (except ones in ‘disable’ list).
* Work Only on specific links/sites that you added to its ‘enable’ list. (Default).
Try both and see which suites you best.
== How to use it ==
If webpage didn’t behaved or loaded as expected and there is a fix-url icon in Address Bar then click that icon and add the suggested URL to the disable list. As you use it more, the need to add sites to disable/enable list will get less. Manage list of URLs for which this extension is disabled in extension Options.
Dark/black icon in Address Bar => extension is disabled.
Dull Brownish icon in Address Bar => extension detects redirect but it didn't fix as site is not in its list. Click on icon to add/remove site.
Red-black icon in Address Bar => extension fixed redirect link.
== Why remove link Referrer (2nd feature) ==
When visiting a webpage, the referrer or referring page is the URL of the previous webpage from which a link was followed. Most web servers maintain logs of all traffic, and record the HTTP referer sent by the web browser for each request. The effect of this extension’s ‘remove Referrer’ feature is similar to attribute rel = noreferrer.
== Issues ==
https: URLs are ignored at the moment as they are usually used with login/logout etc. Don't want to mess with secured sites.
== No stats or spyware ==
Permission warning because it works at deep level.