This is a sample browser extension that demonstrates how to use the FingerprintJS library.
This extension acts as a reference to showcase one of a way in which you can implement the FingerprintJS Pro library in your browser extension. It uses two strategies to do that:
1. We send a message to the background script.
2. Background creates a new window that points to the external website URL.
3. Website uses the Pro Agent to obtain data and passes it back to the Chrome extension via a native communication channel.
4. Background scripts awaits for the message and then passes it back to the sender.
5. Created window is closed.
1. We append the iframe to DOM with URL of the external website.
2. Website uses the Pro Agent to obtain data and passes it back to the parent window via window.parent.postMessage.
3. Chrome extension awaits the message from iframe.