A find and replace bar for Google Chrome
FindR is a handy extension that does exactly what the name implies: it finds and replaces words, allowing you to completely change the text of any website. This is great for pranking and trolling and just having fun with funny edits on pages. On a more practical note, it also has an input field option that allows you to easily find and replace all the text in input fields (such as forms, etc.)
NOTE: After installation or updates, refresh any previously opened pages to make the extension work.
* As you type a search term, it finds matches on the page. You can replace by typing text in the replace box and either clicking the arrows (replace one by one) or "Replace All"
* NEW! An options page that allows users to save find/replace pairs that automatically apply to any new tab.
* Case-sensitive search
* Full Word search
* Regular Expression support for searching
* Input Fields allows users to replace text within input fields (note: this only allows "Replace All" - it doesn't highlight matches).
* NEW! Automatic find/replace background functionality
Shortcut to Open:
* Windows/Linux/ChromeOS: Ctrl+Shift+F
* OSX: Ctrl+Shift+K
Shortcut to Replace All:
03/25/2017: 1000 users! Thanks everyone! Like before, leave any comments, and I'll try and get back to you - make sure to leave a screenshot or detailed info!
01/30/2017: 700 users!! Thanks guys! Be sure to leave any questions, comments, concerns, and I'll be sure to get back to you!
11/20/2016: 400 users! Thank you everyone.
See http://xkcd.com/1288/, https://xkcd.com/1625/, or https://xkcd.com/1679/ for funny uses!
----------------- UPDATES -----------------
1.0.0 - Stable!
1.0.1 - Rebranded to "FindR" - logo and graphics updated
1.0.2 - Bug fixes (<pre>, <code>, <noscript>, scrolling); logo updated
1.0.3 - Bug fixes (RegEx with <, >, &), Logo Icon
1.0.4 - Google store glitch
1.0.5 - Bug fixes (HTML escape characters)
1.0.6 - Bug fixes
1.0.7 - Bug fixes (" mark)
1.1.0 - Options page that allows users to save find/replace pairs that automatically apply to any new tab.
1.1.1 - General updates
1.1.2 - Keyboard shortcuts changed (Ctrl+Shift+A to replace all)