Built by registered dietitians to help you make better food choices.
Fig instantly flags foods and ingredients that don't match your dietary needs when shopping for groceries and recipes online. You can customize what is flagged down to the individual ingredient.
Fig also highlights potentially harmful food additives that are banned in other countries, so you can feel good about your food choices.
Don't know what an ingredient is? Click on it to learn more from our team of expert dietitians.
Fig works on most grocery and recipe websites.
Major diets supported:
• Food allergies (celery, eggs, fish, grains, lupin, milk, mustard, peanut, pollen, seeds, sesame, shellfish, soy, tree nut, wheat and more)
• Lactose Intolerance
• Vegan, Vegetarian and Pescatarian
• Low FODMAP (for IBS and IBD)
• Low Histamine
• Paleo and 30 Whole Days
Avoid specific ingredients:
• Potentially harmful additives (BHA, BHT, artificial food coloring, trans fats, MSG, high fructose corn syrup, brominated vegetable oil and more)
• Added sugar
• Added salt
• Artificial sweeteners (Stevia, Aspartame, Monk Fruit, Sugar Alcohols and more)
• Legumes (Beans, Lentils, Chickpeas)
• Nightshades (Tomatoes, Peppers, Potatoes, Eggplant)
• Onion and Garlic
• Hundreds of other specific ingredients
We built Fig because we believe that food is meant to be joyful, not stressful. Want to see Fig on your favorite site? Let us know and we'll add it!