Feedly Checker is a Chrome app that adds a toolbar icon with a dropdown menu to notify you about unread items in your feedly account
With Feedly Checker you'll be able to interact with your feedly account in several way:
- Notifications : popups showing you the latest items and on Windows & Mac OS you'll be able to mark them as read or saved once one by one
- Button with drop down menu : You'll be able to see all your unread articles and interact with them just like on the feedly website
- Unread articles counter : The aforementioned button has a counter showing you the number of items unread and if you have the feedly website opened you'll also have a counter showing up in the favicon
You could have a look at the extension in action through the screenshots :
- Screenshot 1 : Windows popups of unread articles with the "mark as read" or "save" functionality
- Screenshot 2 : Drop-down menu of the button in Linux
- Screenshot 3 : Unread counter on the favicon & button in Mac OS
- Screenshot 4 : Option page that allows you to customized your extension
Note for 2.1 : Sorry for the lack of update but I'm quite busy and I loose some motivation on the project. If you are a Dev and you want to help me for this project you can contact me through twitter @Checkerteam.
Coming later :
- Porting to Firefox (& Iceweasel which is the Linux version)
- Porting to Gnome-shell as a gnome shell extension
** Changelogs **
- Notifications :
- Rich notifications for Mac OS X
- Rich notification stack clearing
- Auth process redone
- Drop down menu :
- Unread counter for each category
- Change icons
- New options : Change button icon, show unread in the drop-down menu.
- Bugfix : The button behavior option wasn't working.
- Long titles are now cut in the dropdown menu.
- New option : button behavior. To choose if the button should open feedly or the dropdown.
- Drop-down menu giving you access to your unread articles and allowing your to interact with those articles just like on the feedly website
- Part of the options moved from within the feedly website (at the bottom of the feedly own preferences) to a separate option page handled by the button extension itself
- Reverted to two notifications types (Simple & Summary)
- "Mark as Read" & "Save" button functionality on your notification popups for Windows & Chrome OS
- And of course a lot of bug fixes
- Add "Open in background" button on notification (windows only)
- Add buttons to notifications (only for Windows and Chrome OS)
- Favicon appear in notification, you can change it in preferences.
- You have 3 notification types now (Rich, Simple, Summary)
- Add notifications, Yay !
- Add a button with a counter !
- Bugfix : now work with cloud.feedly.com and www.feedly.com.
- Adding customization options for Feedly Checker in the Feedly's preference panel.
- Display in the favicon the number of unread articles.
- The unread articles of the selected section are now display in tab's title.