F.B. Purity cleans up and customises Facebook, letting you filter out the junk you dont want to see
F.B. (Fluff Busting) Purity hides all the ads, game spam, sponsored posts and other annoying stuff on Facebook and generally makes Facebook less annoying to use
If you like F.B. Purity, please be sure to:
★ Give it a 5 Star review, +1 it above and share with your friends! :)
★ Donate to the project: http://donate.fbpurity.com to support all the hard work that goes into producing F.B. Purity.
For the latest news and info such as updates and bug fixes, please make sure you like the F.B. Purity Fan Page on Facebook via the following shortcut:
F.B. Purity cleans the application spam and other annoying messages off your Facebook homepage. It adds a small information bar at the top of your Facebook homepage / news feed. It tells you how many game/application posts its hidden and also how many other "Extra" post types (which you can specify in the options screen) it has hidden. The options screen is accessible by clicking the FBP link in the top Navigation Bar.
Heres a list of the different post/story types you can hide:
Facebook Questions (and answers), Became friends with, Liked page (became a fan), Joined a group, Attending an event, Attended an event, Created an event, Changed location (Checked in/Travelling to/Travelled to), Updated profile, Changed profile picture, Updated Cover Photo, Changed relationship, Commented on or likes status, Uploaded photo, Tagged in (aka mentioned in), likes or commented on photo, Tagged in, likes or commented on album, Uploaded video, Tagged in video, Posted a link, Commented on or likes link, Posted a note, Tagged in note, Commented on wall, Commented on group wall, Commented on page wall, Wrote on Timeline (User,Page,Group,Event etc Timelines), Hide Fan Page Updates, Hide Shared Photos, Hide Shared Links, Commented on "This", Liked "This", Facebook Memories, Your Memories (aka "On this day"), Shared Memories (Shared a memory), "Is Live / Was Live" (Facebook Live Video)
You can filter out any subject on Facebook that doesnt interest you, using the "Text Filter" function, for example say you were not interested in Politics, you could put the relevant keywords/phrases that get mentioned in Political posts, such as the names of the Political party members, the party names, etc into the Text Filter box, and FBP will filter out any posts from the Newsfeed including that text. You can also use the Text Filter to filter out any mention of celebrities you are not interested in hearing about, such as Kanye, The Kardashians, etc.
FB Purity now also has an image content filter that lets you filter out images of cats, dogs, selfies, babies, memes, food, smoking and also lets you set your own custom image content filters.
You can also hide any of the links in the right hand column, such as: Events, Games and App Requests, Recommended Pages, Suggested Groups, People You May Know / Find More Friends, Get Connected, Pokes, Friend Requests, Birthdays, Chat, the News Ticker bar, Trending Topics / Trending Hashtags, Businesses For You, Stories, Watchlist
* An option to Force facebook to sort newsfeed by "Most Recent"
* An option to sort Notifications chronologically
* Hide all game and application posts, including "Games your friends are playing" and "Games you may like". It also gives you the option to whitelist application posts that you do want to see in your Newsfeed, so the app/game spam filter wont hide them.
* Adds an easily accesible Block Application ("BA") link to every game/app post, so you can easily block games/apps from your news-stream and from getting your personal data.
* The "BA" (Block Application) link now lets you block multiple applications with a single click. Theres also an option (Under the More Options heading), that lets you turn off the game / application message filtering if you want to see all the game and app stories.
* Easily Choose what size font and what font you want to view Facebook in.
* Custom CSS box, lets you add your own Custom CSS Rules to Facebook: (see http://css.fbpurity.com for more info)
* Filters out game and application posts and other extraneous stories on profile pages
* Hide offline friends in chat
* Hide offline and mobile friends in chat
* Hide the Sponsored Stories / Suggested Posts / Suggested Pages (aka Hide all adverts )
* Hide Facebook Smileys / Emoticon graphics.
* Hide all photos
* Hide all videos
* Hide Upcoming Events / Upcoming Concerts
* Change Facebook's colours (font and background / theme) (Choose what color font and background you want, to customise the site to your liking)
* Set a Background image
* Choose your own Custom Reactions images (Customize Facebook's reactions with your own reaction packs)
* Fix link redirects, so they go straight to the website, instead of being intercepted and tracked by Facebook.
* Removed Facebook's link checking redirects on external links, which means Facebook cant block links, and speeds up opening external links (can be turned back on if you untick the "Fix External Links" option)
* Hide links in left column, including App Center, Like Pages, Pages Feed, Games Feed, Events, Pokes, Music, Places Editor, Sale Groups, etc
* Hide the "Similar To" popup box that appears when you like posts from a fan page.
* Hide the "Trending Topics" box.
* Hide all the ads ( ad blocker / ad blocking / remove all adverts on facebook)
* Hide Facebook reactions bar / "reacted to" stories
* Remove colored backgrounds from statuses
* Auto expand the Explore and Shortcuts section in the left column
* Auto Remove Recent Logins
* View Your list of Deactivated Friends
* Tell you who deleted or unfriended or blocked me / you
* Let you change the background colour for unread notifications
If you have any problems or questions about F.B. Purity, please first read the FAQ:
F.B. Purity Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ):
Please check http://news.fbpurity.com for the release notes for the latest versions of F.B. Purity.
If you appreciate the extension, please donate to help fund development and support costs. An awful *lot* of work has gone into this:
N.B "Facebook" and "FB" are registered trademarks of Facebook Inc. This extension is neither endorsed by nor affiliated with Facebook.