F.B. Purity cleans up and customises Facebook, letting you filter out the junk you dont want to see
F.B. (Fluff Busting) Purity hides all the ads, game spam, sponsored posts and other annoying stuff on Facebook and generally makes Facebook less annoying to use
If you like FB Purity, please be sure to:
★ Give it a 5 Star review, +1 it above and share with your friends! :)
★ Donate to the project: http://donate.fbpurity.com to support all the hard work that goes into producing FB Purity.
For the latest news and info such as updates and bug fixes, please make sure you like the F.B. Purity Fan Page on Facebook via the following shortcut:
F.B. Purity cleans the application spam and other annoying messages off your facebook homepage. It adds a small information bar at the top of your facebook homepage / news feed. It tells you how many application messages its hidden and also how many other "extra" message types (which you can specify in the options screen) its hidden. The options screen is accessible by clicking the F.B. Purity link in the previously mentioned information bar.
Heres a list of the different message types you can hide:
Facebook Questions (and answers), Became friends with, Liked page (became a fan), Joined a group, Attending an event, Attended an event, Created an event, Changed location (FB Places), Updated profile, Changed profile picture, Updated Cover Photo, Changed relationship, Commented on or likes status, Uploaded photo, Tagged in, likes or commented on photo, Tagged in, likes or commented on album, Uploaded video, Tagged in video, Posted a link, Commented on or likes link, Posted a note, Tagged in note, Commented on wall, Commented on group wall, Commented on page wall, wrote on Timeline, Commented on Event wall, Hide Fan Page Updates, Hide Shared Photos, Hide Shared Links, Commented on "This", Liked "This"
You can also hide any of the links in the right hand column, such as: Events, Games and App Requests, Recommended Pages, Suggested Groups, People You May Know / Find More Friends, Get Connected, Pokes, Friend Requests, Birthdays, Chat, the News Ticker bar, Trending Topics / Trending Hashtags
* Force facebook to sort newsfeed by "most recent"
* Hide all game and application messages, including "Games your friends are playing" and "Games you may like". It also gives you the option to whitelist application messages that you do want to see in your newsfeed, so the application spam filter wont hide them.
* Add an easily accesible Block Application ("BA") link to every application message, so you can easily block applications from your newstream and from getting your personal data.
* The "BA" (Block Application) link now lets you block multiple applications with a single click. Theres also an option (Under the More Options heading), that lets you turn off the game / application message filtering if you want to see all the game and app stories.
* Easily Choose what size font you want for your news stream.
* Custom CSS box, lets you add your own Custom CSS Rules to Facebook: (see http://css.fbpurity.com for more info)
* Filters out game and application messages and other extraneous stories on profile pages
* Hide offline friends in chat
* Hide offline and mobile friends in chat
* Hide the Sponsored Stories / Suggested Posts / Suggested Pages (aka Hide all adverts ) in the newsfeed
* Hide Facebook Smileys / Emoticon graphics.
* Hide all photos
* Hide all videos
* Hide Upcoming Events / Upcoming Concerts
* Change Facebook's colours (font and background / theme) (Choose what color font and background you want, to customise FB to your liking)
* Choose your own Custom Reactions images
* Fix link redirects, so they go straight to the website, instead of being intercepted and tracked by Facebook.
* Removed Facebooks link checking redirects on external links, which means Facebook cant block links, and speeds up opening external links (can be turned back on if you untick the "Fix External Links" option)
* Hide links in left column, including App Center, Like Pages, Pages Feed, Games Feed, Events, Pokes, Music, Places Editor, Sale Groups, etc
* Hide the "Similar To" popup box that appears when you like posts from a fan page.
* Hide the "Trending Topics" box.
* Hide all the ads ( ad blocker / ad blocking )
* Hide Facebook reactions bar / "reacted to" stories
If you have any problems or questions about F.B. Purity, please first read the FAQ:
F.B. Purity Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ):
Please check http://news.fbpurity.com for the release notes for the latest versions of FB Purity.
If you appreciate the extension, please donate to help fund development and support costs. An awful *lot* of work has gone into this:
N.B "Facebook" is a registered trademark of Facebook Inc. This extension is neither endorsed by or affiliated with Facebook.