Allows you to quickly correct URL typos with one click. Identifies misspelled *.com, .net, wwww, typing ',' instead of '.' etc.
This handy-dandy extension is a useful kit to keep in your browser's repertoire. It monitors the main URL loaded into tabs and identifies common typos in URLs. When a typo is found, a gear icon is shown in the address bar which corrects the typo with one easy click or with one press of the hotkey (Ctrl+Shift+L).
It is able to identify typos like:
- Did you type example.ocm instead of .com?
- Did you type ww instead of www?
- Did you type www,google,com instead of www.google.com?
- Did you open google.com/search&q=sports instead of google.com/search?q=sports ?
- Does the current URL simple redirect you to another URL that is encoded in the URL? Like, google.com/redir?=www.msn.com. This extension allows you to bypass and directly open the redirected URL.
This extension is lightweight and doesn’t save or share your information. It only monitors the main URL and doesn’t monitor frames or linked resources. There are no database lookups so it is fast.
Additionally, you can perform some quick actions by right-clicking on the icon to do things like:
- Go up a level like, instead of going to example.com/files/a1/ go to example.com/files/
- Go to the root domain like, instead of going to example.com/files/a1/ go to example.com
- Add "www." to the current URL
- Search for the whole URL in a search engine.
This extension requires the following permissions:
- Access your data on all websites: This permission is required for this extension to know the URL of the website you are visiting. This extension does not access the contents of the website.
- Access browser activity during navigation: This permission is required for the extension to know the URL before it starts loading. This allows the extension to suggest solutions before the URL loads, rather than wait until the webpage is visible.