Fact checking resource to help navigate the internet.
Fact Layer provides helpful contextual information on many sites while you browse the internet.
Some of the features include:
1. Integration into social networking / news aggregation sites, to make it easier to tell if a news item is worth clicking into. Currently Reddit, CounterSocial, Digg, Slashdot, and Fark are supported.
2. Bias information on more than 2,000 news/media sites.
3. Information on satire, fake news, and extremely unreliable sources.
4. Article specific fact checking lookup that displays the number of factual statements that are disputed.
5. Information on around 8,000 charities.
6. Automated detection of some fake local news sites (i.e actionews3.com, channel22news.com, etc).
All site information queries are done locally, meaning no information is sent to me about your browsing activities at any time.