Use Facebook Messenger from within your browser
Facebook Messenger from within your browser.
It allows you to open your Facebook mailbox to send and receive messages.
Not only for mobile phones. Now you can use Facebook Messenger from Google Chrome!
It's an amazing way to get in touch with your contacts without wasting time.
Facebook Messenger is easy to use and it's the best solution for any Facebook user.
We know that a solution like an embedded popup may be a better solution, but due to some new technical details, there are some problems with Facebook website.
For more information, visit the following websites.
Tech details: http://goo.gl/GeRZ1
If you like this application, you can make a donation to support the development.
- after writing a message, you can hit TAB+ENTER to send it automatically
- although screenshot language is Italian, the app is localized with your local language (English, Spanish, etc...), since it's related to your Facebook account
IMPORTANT NOTICE FOR WHO IS UPDATING:
Due to new Google policies - http://blog.chromium.org/2013/12/keeping-chrome-extensions-simple.html - the extension is now only focused on Facebook Messages.
A complementary extension for Facebook mobile surfing is Facebook Mobile View:
Changelog for version 1.4:
- new amazing fast messaging feature: as you have requested us, you can now send messages by pressing the enter button!! That's great!!
- support for changelog information inside the extension, shown when important updates are deployed
Changelog for version 1.3:
- integration with our Facebook Mobile View extension
- as you have requested, users are now notified of the new Facebook Mobile View extension, which is focused on the previous surfing functionality of Facebook Messenger
Changelog for version 1.2:
Changelog for version 1.1:
Accordingly to new Google Chrome Extensions policies, the app is now only focused on Facebook messages feature (in order to do that, permission have changed from the previous version, and you should accept new permissions - Very important: We don't collect your data!! We believe that users should always own their own data!!)
Changelog for version 1.0:
Options page for enabling and disabling desktop notifications
Changelog for version 0.99:
Support to desktop notifications: wow!
Thanks to your suggestions, Facebook Messenger for Google Chrome now haves desktop notification feature!!
Changelog for version 0.98:
Support to notifications!!
A notification count is shown if you've got new Facebook messages, to inform you someone wrote you!!
In order to do that, you have to be logged in to Facebook.
Upgrading the Chrome extension, some additional permissions are required: in particular, permission to access http://*.facebook.com and https://*.facebook.com pages.
This is needed to retrieve the amount of unread messages.
No additional data are retrieved nor stored by the application.
You own your information!!! That's a base principle for us!!