Remove newsfeed and other indulgences
** UPDATED: works with Facebook now as of March 13, 2014 **
Facebook Antiprocrastinator takes away the newsfeed and other minimal features of Facebook allowing you to do anything you like but procrastinate.
* Removes newsfeed and news ticker
* Hides number of unread events and group posts in left-hand sidebar (they are too intriguing for an antiprocrastinator)
* Removes suggested friends and suggested pages (much too interesting when homework needs to get done)
* Removes trending social articles
* Removes ads (why not?)
What you still can do:
* View and write on people's walls
* Chat and read messages
* Comment on pictures and statuses (must first visit friend's profile upon which these appear)
* Be a part of groups
* Everything that makes Facebook a useful social tool without serving to distract you
No need to de-activate your Facebook and cut off ties with friends when you can just eliminate the annoying, unnecessary, and time-wasting functionalities. Don't let Facebook control your life -- maximize your proactivity with Facebook Antiprocrastinator!
(if there is sufficient demand, I will expand this extension with the ability to block reddit's frontpage)