Quickly reload pages through your library's EZProxy.
Many universities use EZProxy to allow its students access to various online databases. This extension adds a button to Chrome which allows for a quick way to reload the current page through your EZProxy system.
All it does is pass the URL to your library's EZProxy login URL. For example:
would change to:
Also, the code to this extension is available on GitHub: http://github.com/tom5760/chrome-ezproxy
* Update EZProxy URL Database to new site: https://libproxy-db.org/
* Add copy option when right-clicking the browser button. This was excluded from the previous version by mistake.
* Add option when right-clicking the browser button, or a link, to copy the transformed URL to the clipboard.
* Allow using multiple proxies simultaneously. On the options screen, multiple proxies can be chosen. When more than one is selected, clicking the extension button will display a popup listing all of them. Context menus will also display a sub-menu allowing choice of proxy.
* Small patch to use a less extensive permission "activeTab" instead of the "tabs" permission. This will remove the scary warning about this extension needing access to your browser history (it doesn't).
* Update to fix issue in Chrome 60. The latest version of Chrome restricts access to the URL the current tab is on behind the "tabs" permission. This is required so that the extension can redirect you when you click the extension button. Nothing about the actual function of the extension changed, just the added permission to keep the current functionality working.
* Updates by rohitagr to sync options with Chrome.
* Your selected URL will now be synced between machines if you use the same Google account in Chrome.
* Fixed loading list of schools from EZProxy-DB.
* Updated to Chrome manifest version 2 (http://code.google.com/chrome/extensions/manifestVersion.html).
* Added support for updating URL list in options page from my EZProxy URL database. Now I don't need to release new versions of the extension in order to add/update URLs.
* See: http://ezproxy-db.appspot.com/
* Fixed Columbia University URL (thanks Chris)
* Added RIT URL (thanks Sakshar)
12/20/10: Added University of Central Florida URL (thanks Pieter)
9/9/10: Updated to a nicer looking icon from the Gnome project. Also added University of Windsor URL. Thanks cassid4.
9/8/10: Added a context menu to open links through EZProxy. Also added a drop-down box in the options to choose schools per tjkopena's suggestions.
2/22/10: I have updated the extension with code suggested by "AB" in the comments. It should be more reliable now. You have to change the URL in your options to use the new format.
Contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any issues.