Crack open any extenstion or web app in a gallery and see what it actually does before installing
Get detailed report on what each extension in a gallery is doing before installing it.
- List of granted permissions (what this extension has access to)
- Extension features (whether or not it has toolbar icon, options page, etc)
- Which API methods are actually used
- Complete list of all extensions files
It was made for those who find Google's default extension installation warning not good enough.
Oh, and you would finally be able to tell what "My first extension!!!11" does without downloading it :)
- Works inside Web Store
- Web Apps supported with displaying app specific features in the summary
- Full screen mode for the content browser
- chrome.management.* and chrome.omnibox.* API detection added, all other calls updated to the latest version
- Other minor tweaks
- Added links to help docs for all summary fields. Individual api calls now also have tooltips with descriptions and direct links to the documentation.
- Improved image file detection in the file browser which doesn't solely rely on a file extension
- Improved api calls detection in obfuscated files
- Fixed bug with not detecting chrome.windows.* calls
- Other minor fixes
PS. If you are extension junkie like myself, you might also find interesting detailed star ratings extension: