Improve the ESPN NBA box score viewing experience
- When you land on the box score page you may need to refresh your browser. For best results open a new tab and hit: http://espn.com/nba/scoreboard.
- Works on the box score and play-by-play pages.
- If the stat highlighting or 4 factors stop working, try hitting the refresh button alongside the ESPN logo.
- Failing that, refresh your browser.
- Fits everything on one page. Team box scores appear side-by-side rather than stacked.
- Highlights stats as they change.
- Adds "4 factors" team stats below box scores. Also adds Pace, Offensive Rating and Defensive Rating. These are based off Basketball Reference formulas and are updated live throughout the game based on time elapsed.
- Adds individual player advanced stats once a match is completed (working on making this work during a live game).
- Highlights which players are currently on-court. This is based on the 5 players for each team who most recently had a statistic update. Takes a while to kick in, particularly during time outs, end of quarters or if no one scores for a while.
- Adds play-by-play info below box scores, including highlighting key stats.
- Adds the score of the current game to the page/tab title.
- Works for NCAA (minus pace / efficiency stats).
- Unhides team stats (fast break point, points in the paint, points off turnovers, etc).
- Moves sidebar below content.
- Stops entire header from being fixed at the top of the page.
- Hides outbrain "content".
If you wish to remove ads you will need to use an ad blocker.
v 0.2.4 –––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––
- Added highlighting of on-court players to box score. This works based on the five players whose stats were most recently updated, so it usually takes a short while to kick in after a game starts or after a stoppage (time out, end of quarter). The most reliable stats to indicate who's on court are +/- and minutes because these increase even if a player doesn't add any stats but this does mean it can take a while to update if no one scores for a minute or two.
- Added handy links which appear when you hover the ESPN logo. I'll probably try and make this menu more obvious at some point.
- Updated styling of new team logos.
v 0.2.3 –––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––
- Added team BLK%, STL%.
- Improved speed of play-by-play highlighting.
- Updated format of team shooting percentage (50.0% instead of .500). Easier to read.
- Added sport dropdown back alongside scoreboard.
v 0.2.1 –––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––
- Added team pace, offensive rating, defensive rating and net rating for College Hoops. These numbers currently differ slightly from basketball reference's numbers.
v 0.2.0 –––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––
- Added individual player advanced stats once a game is finished. Still ironing out bugs for this to work during a live game.
- Added highlighting to play-by-play.
- In the works:
- Advanced team stats for college hoops.
- Live individual player advanced stats.
v 0.1.8 –––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––
- Set all player links to open in a new tab.
- Fixed player links for Australian users (if any other countries are experiencing issues let me know).