Move beyond page links - deep-link paragraphs and highlight sentences on any page - with a consistent and flexible anchor links
Emphasis was originally built by The New York Times for their web site. It enables you to do more than just link to a page - you can now link to any paragraph within it, or highlight specific sentences.
This is useful when you need to draw someones attention to specific points within a long text, or just to make a clearer point.
Links and Highlighted passages can be found by anyone who also has this Extension installed who follows your link.
How to use?
- Double-tap the Shift Key to toggle.
- Once enabled, all Paragraphs on a page
- When you see the ¶ (pilcrow) symbol, you can select Paragraphs and Sentences by clicking on the text.
- To provide a link to a specific Paragraph, click the ¶ to its top-left.
- The URL in the Address Bar changes as you click on the text. This is how the extension determines what lines to highlight and such. #h[WycWyc,2]
- Copy the URL from the browser address bar and share it!
Bonus: There is an experimental feature where you can gray out the rest of the page. Just add "#context" (without quotes) to the end of the URL:
In the pipeline:
Extensions for Firefox and Safari - so you don't have to be on Chrome to take advantage of this.