Allows you to see and input emoji on any website. Can replace Twitter and Gmail style emoji with iPhone style emoji.
***Restart your browser after installation, or else it might not work!***
Three ways to use (not all methods work on all sites):
See how to input with these gifs:
Method 1) click in the box where you type (example: status message or compose tweet) and then click the smiley face icon in your toolbar. Select an emoji. You will see a rectangle appear, this represents the emoji. After you send the message, you will see the emoji that you sent in the page.
Method 2) Same like above, except copy the emoji from the box in the popup after selecting the emoji (Use this method for Facebook)
Method 3) In the box where you want the emoji to appear, type :: and start typing the name of an emoji. A hint will appear showing matching emoji. Type the full name as shown in the hint. Examples: ::cat:: ::fork_and_knife:: and the text ::cat:: will automatically be replaced with the emoji code for cat.
Sometimes Facebook uses their own style of emoji, all the other emoji will be decoded by the plugin. You can't send them through Facebook chat with my plugin though, which is Facebook's fault. Sometimes if you don't type any more text after the emoji then Facebook deletes the emoji from your status.
- minor bugfixes
- minor bugfixes
- improve speed of opening popup
- speed improvements
- remove copyright, trademark symbol emoji-fication
- bugfix for many broken sites
- update with latest emojis!
- now you can choose which style of emojis you want to see from the options: Apple,Google,Twitter,or EmojiOne
- update to work with Twitter again
- change Google Analytics sample rate to 20%
- bug fixes
- update so replacement on gmail, hangouts, etc works again
- bug fix for conflicting CSS classes on certain sites
- bug fix
- bug fixes
- NEW diverse skin tone emoji
- IMPROVED :: input method, now you can use tab and enter keys to select the emoji you want to use while typing
- small bugfix
- improve shortcode hint box hints
- change toolbar icon to the crazy tongue out face 😜
- added shortcode support to make inputting emoji by typing easier
- added a shortcode hint box that pops up after typing :: to help users find the shortcodes
- added a box to copy emoji from for sites like facebook where the plugin didn't work so well in the past
Version 2.4.4 - added social media links
Version 2.4.3 - added a shop for cool emoji products
Version 2.4.2 - fixed a nasty bug where sites would have their width set to 400px
Version 2.4 - Added ability to assign shortcut to bring up input menu. Do this in Tools > Extensions > Keyboard shortcuts.
Default to Search Tab when opening input menu.
Show all emojis when search tab is opened.
Add ability to use tab key to select emoji.
Added links to Options and Help Video beneath emojis on popup.
Version 2.3.1 - Analytics bugfix
Version 2.3.0 - Added option to replace Google emojis with iOS emojis. Checked by default (tested in Gmail chats). Added "input by typing" feature. If you type ::thumbs up sign:: (replace thumbs up sign with the name of any emoji) it will enter the emoji for you without you having to click anything.
Version 2.2.2 - Added donation buttons to options page ;)
Version 2.2.1 - added option to replace Twitter's new emojis with iOS emojis. Checked by default.
Version 2.2.0 - added feature to search for emoji by name to make it easier to find
Version 2.1.2 - now if you hold your mouse over an emoji it will tell you the emoji name (from emojipedia.org)
Version 2.1.0 - add google analytics
Version 2.0.9 - added Recent menu to make it easy to use your favorite emoji again and again
Version 2.0.8 - bugfix
Version 2.0.7 - bugfixes and added option to blacklist sites. to access options right click the Icon in the menu bar and click "Options"
Version 2.0.6 - bugfix and updated description
Version 2.0.5 - make CSS more specific to decrease chance of conflicts
Version 2.0.4 - bugfix
Version 2.0.3 - stop showing emojis for ©,®,™, since 99% of the time these aren't meant to be emojis. Fix a bug that would make websites using document.write (like weather.com) totally break.
Version 2.0.2 - includes bugfixes, and makes emoji backgrounds transparent.