Capture and connect information to your extended mind
Eloquent lets you quickly capture ideas across the web and connect them to your extended mind.
The current version supports rich format note-taking and quick information extraction on any web page. Use it to capture notes in-context then save them to knowledge management tools like Roam Research.
This product is under active development and being built through conversations with our users. You're encouraged to provide feedback, report bugs, and send ideas our way so that we can continue to increase its usefulness to you!
• Bookmark the current page to your notepad (⌃⌘S)
• Quick hotkey (⌘⇧E) to bring up the notepad and immediately start capturing notes. Notes persists across all tabs.
• Highlighter mode to clip text from web pages directly into the notepad
• Snippet expansion for commonly extracted attributes (e.g page url/title for bookmarking)
• Nestable bullets with tab indentation (- space to toggle)
• Bold, italics text formatting
• Resizable, draggable window
• Syntax highlighting for #hashtags and [[bracket]] notation
• ⌃⌘S - Bookmark the current page as a link in your notepad
• ⌘⇧E - Toggle the notepad (configurable at chrome://extensions/shortcuts)
• Ctrl-F - Toggle highlighter mode
• Ctrl-Enter - Jump to an open Roam Research tab to paste the notepad content
• ⌘B - Bold formatting
• ⌘I - Italics formatting
• - <space> - Bullet formatting
/title - Insert the page title
/url - Insert the url of the current page
/today - Insert the current date e.g [[July 11th, 2020]]
/time - Insert the current time e.g 21:32
/ts - Insert the timestamp of the video/audio content being played
/published - Insert the name of the publisher on the page
/publisher - Insert the date that current post was published
/author - Insert the author of the current post
/st - The title of the current post
This extension does not collect any of the web pages you visit or any of the notes you write in it.
We hope you enjoy using the product!