Election Info App will provide information about election day - where and when to vote and integrated with your Google Calendar and…
Election Info App will provide information about election day - where and when to vote and integrated with your Google Calendar and Drive.
The app will serve as a useful and timely sample app to illustrate the power of Google Apps Script.
The data is via the Google Civic Information API and new data is being added daily. If your address is currently unavailable, please re-try later or use one of the sample addresses below.
Election Info is a sample application built using Apps Script that:
* displays polling information using HtmlService with jQuery for a clean effective UI.
* generates static maps via UrlFetch and the MapsService to show polling maps and directions.
* creates a calendar event for election day with your polling location using the Calendar service.
* generates a bring-along document with poll directions and hours using the Document service.
* sends you an email with a summary of your personalized voting information using the Gmail service.
* stores your previous searches in UserProperties so it will remember your likely home address the next time you launch the app.
* is deployed via the Chrome Web Store for each installation and quick launching shortcut.
As you can see, this is a comprehensive app with aim of building a useful app while also highlighting key Apps Script capabilities.