Translate what you want.
Please refresh the page that needs to be translated after installation or update! ! !
Edge Translate is a simple and practical translation plugin that supports mainstream browsers such as Chrome, Firefox, and 360 Secure Browser. The main purpose of our plugin is to assist users in reading foreign literature. To this end, we have followed the principle of the user's reading experience first, and made the following efforts:
* We use the API provided by Google Translate to translate words and sentences, which guarantees the accuracy of translation results to a certain extent;
* We support the translation of wording in PDF files, which breaks the dyslexia of many users when reading PDF documents (due to the Firefox browser's bug, this feature is temporarily unavailable on Firefox browser);
* We chose the friendly side pop-up to show the translation results. The pop-up display bar will push the user reading content to avoid blocking the content from affecting the reading;
* We designed a simple and clear translation result display column, highlighting important content, and ensuring that the user's attention is focused on the content displayed rather than the insignificant things such as the display box;
* If the frequency of the your translation is relatively high, you can choose to fix the display bar to avoid frequent pop-ups affecting reading.
* We allow users to decide for themselves which content in the translation results they need to display. For example, if you just want to know the meaning of the word, you can choose to view only the common meaning of the word. If you also want to learn the specific usage of a word, we also provide the pronunciation, definition, detailed explanation, example sentence, etc. of the word in more detail. Content for you to view;
* We have provided a wealth of shortcut keys to make the operation efficiency greatly improved. Now you only need to use the keyboard to complete the translation of selected words, expand the search panel, fix and unpin the translation results;
* We provide a useful blacklist feature that allows you to easily add a page you are browsing to a blacklist to disable wording translations and double-click translations on the page, or to remove the page being viewed from the blacklist to re-enable word translation and double click translation on this page.
* We support web page translation and can translate the entire web page directly into the language you need. And you are free to choose YouDao web page translation or Google web page translation to fully meet your translation needs.
The birth of Edge Translate is inseparable from the open source community. In the development process of Edge Translate, we used Mozilla's pdf.js as a built-in PDF reader to support word translation in PDF files. We refered to crimx(https://github.com/crimx)'s saladict(https://github.com/crimx/ext-saladict) for solutions of some problems. We also used gulp, webpackand other excellent open source tools to assist in development. And we would like to express our gratitude.
We are also grateful to users who have used Edge Translate since 0.2.0 and provided us with feedback. You have provided us with a lot of very good comments and suggestions. Without you, there may no be the current Edge Translate.
Edge Translate instructions(https://github.com/EdgeTranslate/EdgeTranslate/blob/master/docs/wiki/en/Instructions.md)
Edge Translate precautions(https://github.com/EdgeTranslate/EdgeTranslate/blob/master/docs/wiki/en/Precautions.md)
## Questions and Feedback
Edge Translate were developed by us ( [nickyc975](https://github.com/nickyc975) and [Mark Fenng](https://github.com/Mark-Fenng) ) in our spare time, and there are inevitably some problems. If you have any comments or suggestions, please feel free to give us feedback at the first time and help us to make it better.
* Feedback link：https://github.com/EdgeTranslate/EdgeTranslate/issues/new/choose
* Email: nickyc975(firstname.lastname@example.org), Mark Fenng(email@example.com)
In addition, developers are welcome to give us issues and pull requests. If you like this project, welcome to fork & star.