A lightweight extension that makes searching Stack sites like StackOverflow quick & easy.
Tired of loading the same site and waiting for it to load before searching?
Tired of typing the same tags & filters before all your searches?
Tired of wasting time on these same intermediate steps every time?
Well then, this extension is for you. Easy Stack Search provides many convenient features, which you can customize to your tastes, and make futures searches quick and easy.
1. Use "s" Omnibox command to search in stackoverflow from chrome address-bar.
For example - Type "s", press space/tab, then type "SharedPreferences" and press enter to bring up the search results for "SharedPreferences" in Stack Overflow.
2. Search any text you select using (right-click) context menu.
3. Choose whether search result is shown in same tab or new tab.
4. Set the sort order of the search results.
5. Set default filters to be applied to all searches.
6. Add additional filters that will be shown as omnibox suggestions.
7. Change default URL to search other sites.
Source code available at the link below: