Enables SAQL Editor on queries within Einstein Analytics Dashboards, from the JSON editor. Useful for editing SAQL with bindings.
This is for use with Einstein Analytics dashboards - more specifically, on the JSON editor.
It enables a page action when editing JSON on an Einstein Analytics dashboard, and when activated, will show a menu of available steps to modify, which will bring up a code editor. It will only show custom SAQL queries and is ideal when modifying SAQL with bindings, since the standard editor won't allow direct editing.
Note: this is WIP, and feedback is always appreciated.
- Initial work to ensure it works with future releases of Einstein/ Salesforce
- Updated both saql editing and dataflow layouts to handle multiple containers
- Added comments (by right mouse clicking) for dataflow layouts
- Added description text box for saql editing (appears on side tree)
- Added dataflow layout handling
- Added more functionality to the popup page around Metadata/ Discovery
- tweaked backup to allow more functionality
- added popup functionality to allow backup of recently modified objects in EA
- added shortcut (default Ctrl-Shft-S) to toggle sidebar - can be modified in extensions/ keyboard shortcuts
- added 'draggable' menu to show datasets used in current SAQL query - and SAQL functions as well (ie, can drag/ drop measures/ dims into editor)
- tweaked the static editor to allow for more room (use resizable text area)
- automatically append new lines after ';' if none present (displays nicer)
- tweaked the static flex editor to provide more control over the data type (classify as string, number or object/array by toggling button)
- made side menu size adjustable by dragging bottom corner square
- can show hide side by clicking on the icon
- also allows you to modify pigql style setup
- now you can right click on components to rename (including attached widgets)
- when clicking/ editing entities, it also jumps to the location in the json
- new static step editor