Reveal email addresses on LinkedIn Profiles for free
E-Reveal: Reveal email addresses on LinkedIn Profiles!
# How does it work?
When you visit a LinkedIn profile, the chrome extension will:
- Pull the person's name and company from the page.
- Convert the company name into a domain via Clearbit's [free autocomplete api](https://clearbit.com/docs#autocomplete-api)
- Create a list of possible emails via permutating combinations of first name + last name + domain
- For each of the possible emails, check each one and see if any are valid (validity check outlined in next section).
- When a valid email address is detected, insert it into the LinkedIn profile you are viewing along with its source.
# How do we check if an email is valid?
- Gmail / google apps for businesses emails are validated with 100% accuracy via [this method](https://blog.0day.rocks/abusing-gmail-to-get-previously-unlisted-e-mail-addresses-41544b62b2)
- We check DNS records with a reverse DNS lookup to detect if any domains have been registered with an email
- We check Github's unauthenticated api for any commits made by an email
- We check HaveIBeenPwned to see if an email has been dumped in any hacks
None of this information is communicated to a server. All these checks are done straight from your browser, with the results immediately displayed on the LinkedIn profile (and never stored anywhere).
- Not every profile will have an email found.
- Github and HIBP are rate-limited, so if you load too many profiles in rapid succession only the DNS lookup and GMAIL checks will run. This automatically resolves itself over time.
- Some profiles will have multiple emails found.
- This plugin is fully open source, so you can verify the code yourself! Check it out here: https://github.com/emeth-/E-Reveal