Dr.Web antivirus extension for link scanning from the context menu. Protects against malware and phishing attacks on social media.
Dr.Web Link Checker is a free extension for Google Chrome that can instantly scan webpages and files downloaded from the Internet, and block website attempts to monitor user activity and display advertisements.
If, for some reason, you have not yet entrusted Dr.Web products to defend your computers, use Dr.Web Link Checker, and surf the World Wide Web without fear of virus attacks, phishing attempts, and annoying ads!
Dr.Web Link Checker’s automatic features
• Dr.Web antivirus extension for scanning links. Accessible from the context menu. Protects against phishing attacks and malware infections on social networks.
• Blocks attempts to monitor user Internet activity, including on social networks. Blocks all the most common ad network resources and web behaviour analytics that allow user search requests and visited sites to be analysed and the resulting collected data to be used to display specific ads to users.
• Blocks ads (social network advertising plugins embedded in pages of third-party sites, ad networks, flash banners and videos, and separate ad units on a page). User-created site exceptions lists indicate which sites can display ads.
for phishing attempts, malware, unwanted or non-recommended sites
• Scans links before visiting a site
• Scans files (up to 12 MB in size) before downloading them from the Internet
• Checks links in e-mail messages processed by Mozilla Thunderbird
• Detects and checks malformed links
• Sends requests to add specific advertising sites into the Dr.Web database