Teaching STEAM with block coding and drones
DroneBlocks 3.1 (3/5/2021)
- Blocks will highlight as Tello performs its mission. This is a great way to watch your code line by line while Tello flies.
DroneBlocks 3.0 (11/19/2020)
- We now have functions!!!!!
DroneBlocks 2.9 (11/11/2020)
- Fix for Tello missions page linking to iOS canvas
DroneBlocks 2.8 (5/1/2020)
- DroneBlocks Code announcement
DroneBlocks 2.7 (4/6/2020)
- Ability to login and save/retrieve missions with a non-Google account
- Python course coupon
- Bug fixes
DroneBlocks 2.6 (10/7/19)
- Support for offline storage and retrieval of missions! User must be logged in before going offline. Saved missions will automatically be synced when device comes back online.
DroneBlocks 2.5 (9/29/19)
- Added telemetry for Tello & Tello EDU
- Telemetry includes altitude, Time of flight (ToF) distance between Tello and object beneath, pitch attitude, roll attitude, and yaw attitude
- Unit conversion for telemetry to display in centimeters or inches
DroneBlocks 2.4 (7/23/19)
- Support for metric units as the default. This can be found in the menu under "Switch to Metric Units"
- Fix for repeated Tello connections
- Support for Tello EDU
- Better command handling for more successful missions
- Abort mission button
DroneBlocks 2.2.0 fixes bug with "Create variable"
DroneBlocks 2.1.1 adds number rounding for variables in navigation blocks
DroneBlocks 2.1.0 includes a curve flight block for Tello
Version 2.0.0 now supports DJI Tello! You can connect directly to Tello from your computer and fly autonomous missions. This version will work on Chrome OS and any computer with the Chrome browser.
If you want still want to create missions for DJI Phantom, Mavic, and Spark simply click the menu icon (three blue lines) and select "Connect to DJI". You can save your missions and retrieve them on your iPad to fly in the field.
DroneBlocks is a fun and innovative way to teach students programming concepts using drones. Our free curriculum bundle takes teachers and students through 8 lesson plans that teach block programming with the safe and responsible use of drones. You can learn more about our lesson plans and download them here:
This Chrome App will allow students to create drone programs in their web browser, save them, and then load them onto the drone using our free iPad app. DroneBlocks for iPad can be found here:
If you have any questions or suggestions on ways we can improve DronePan please join our Facebook group:
We are passionate about STEM and want to share DroneBlocks with the world. DroneBlocks currently supports the DJI Phantom 3, Phantom 4, Inspire 1, Mavic Pro, Mavic Air, and Spark.