Open Google Drive files from your browser or desktop automatically in a popup window so they are easier to find from the taskbar
Open your Google Drive files in dedicated windows on your desktop.
Make Google drive behave like a desktop application
* Open drive files (*.gdoc, *.gsheets, *.gslides) from the Google Drive web interface or directly from the desktop.
* Drive files open automatically in their own dedicated window and shown separately on the taskbar.
* All supported Google Drive files are grouped* by their type and easily accessible from the OS taskbar or through the task switcher.
* It is only active when needed with a low memory/cpu footprint on your system as a result.
* Free, fast and with no strings attached.
Drive Companion will group all supported files together. Also install the other Companion apps to group Google Docs, Google Sheets and Google Slides in separate taskbar icons.
Note: This extension will send anonymous statistics to Google Analytics in order for us to evaluate its usage and implement improvements. By installing and using this extension you agree to this.