Send download links to the DAP download manager by interrupting the built-in download manager or using the right-click context menu
This extension integrates the well-known DAP (SpeedBit's Download Accelerator Plus) download manager to your browsers at different levels.
1. Pause and Resume: Resume broken or interrupted downloads and resume all paused downloads at once
2. Download Security: Know if the file you downloaded is safe before you open it!
3. Mirror Sites Speed Boost: Search for the fastest download sources and switch to faster mirror sites while downloading
1. Simple use: right-click over a link, image, audio, or video element and select "Download with DAP" options.
2. Advanced usage: You can get links from the current page or a selected area. You may also pass downloading jobs to the DAP manager by interrupting the built-in download manager. In case the download URL is not supplied directly by a website, this option is handy.
3. You can enable and disable the interruption feature directly from the browser action button.
1. For the extension to work, you need to have Download Accelerator Plus (DAP) installed; http://www.speedbit.com/dap/
2. For the extension to be able to start Download Accelerator Plus (DAP) and communicate with it, a small native client is required. This native client can be found at https://github.com/belaviyo/native-client/releases. You will get instructions on how to install this native client when the extension tries to communicate for the first time.
3. Even without the native client, this extension works if you manually start DAP once. The extension uses the DAP's HTTP server to communicate with this download manager.