Download the URL file of the current page.
This extension allows you to download an Internet Shortcut (URL file) that links to the current webpage.
URL (page address) will be already entered, and the file will be saved with the document title.
• v1.3.6 (2019-12-04):
· Document titles that start with a period stop the extension (invalid filename). The period is removed if the title starts/ends with one.
• v1.3.5 (2019-10-24):
· After recent updates, Chrome doesn't seem to respect the extension in the filename (.url) when "data:text/plain" is used. File is downloaded as a text file. Switched to "data:text/vnd.curl".
• v1.3.4 (2019-08-07):
· Description update.
· Removed dot "." from invalid characters.
• v1.3.3 (2018-06-16):
· Same as 1.3.2
• v1.3.2 (2018-06-14):
· Minor update to invalid characters in the filename/tab title.
• v1.3 (2018-03-20):
· Invalid characters in the tab title stops the extension. Those characters are removed from the filename.
• v1.2 (2018-03-20):
· Switched from <a> to chrome.downloads.download(). Now, it works on Chrome Web Store.
• v1.1 (2018-03-12):
· Plain <a> doesn't work after a Chrome Update. Switched to chrome.tabs.executeScript() + <a>. This doesn't work on Chrome Web Store.
• v1.0 (2017-09-14):
· First release.