You get a desktop notification while your downloading finished.
It's now open-sourced.
I get the time to make the 'play a sound when download finished' feature configurable. And you also can decide whether the default download shelf should display or not (though I prefer NOT).
Another change is, there will be more than one notification card displayed.
All things now could be configured via options page.
Here comes three new things:
1. The "Open" button now can be used
2. While one download finished, it would play a sound (not configurable for now)
3. The icon would be visible even if you are using a pure black theme
and one more thing (might be buggy):
- sometimes Chrome thought the file downloaded would be harmful, once this happened, this extension will prompt to ask for your confirmation, and this will be done on the chrome://downloads page. And, this feature might be buggy, if
you encounter any problem, contact or email me. Thank you.
This extension does two things:
1. Disabled the download shelf. Yes, I personally do not like it. So when I get the change, I just disabled it. You will get a badge while something is downloading. Sorry no progress bar available for now.
2. Display a desktop notification when your downloading finished, and you could find it by one simple click.
TODO(May be implemented in future, may not):
1. An animated browser action icon which could show the downloading progress
2. A "OPEN" button on the notification card -- depends on whether Google would allow me to do so. [V0.0.4 added]
3. A popup shows all the downloads -- actually it was almost there, if there had not been some annoying bugs.