Use Internet Download Manager or another external download manager instead of the built-in download manager to get large files
This extension provides a reliable integration to "Internet Download Manager" from your browser. The extension offers two modes of operation:
1. Context menu items over a link, audio, video and image element
2. Interrupt the built-in download manager and grab the downloadable job to send to the external download manager.
This extension is very lightweight on resource usage. Basically, it does not use anything when the network observer is disabled.
A user can define the following conditions to call the external download manager automatically when the extension is enabled from the toolbar area:
1. Only call when file-size is larger than a defined value
2. Only call when the file-type is not in the defined list of mime-types
3. Only call when the download server supports multi-threading
Note: for this extension to operate you will need to install a native-client. For this project, I am using an open-source NodeJS based native-client. You will be notified on the first usage about the installation guide. This native-client is only available on Windows, Linux and Mac OS.
Note: Other extensions can send their download requests to this extension. Read FAQs page for more info
"Internet Download Manager" is a trademark of Tonec Inc., registered in the U.S. and other countries. This extension is an independent project and has no relationship to "Internet Download Manager" team or Tonec Inc. It is only built in a hope to be a lightweight and useful integrator.