DOSBox emulates an Intel x86 PC, complete with sound, graphics, mouse, joystick, modem, etc., necessary for running many old MS-DOS games that simply cannot be run on modern PCs and operating systems, such as Chrome OS, Chromium OS. However, it is not restricted to running only games.
In theory, any MS-DOS or PC-DOS (referred to commonly as "DOS") application should run in DOSBox, but the emphasis has been on getting DOS games to run smoothly, which means that communication, networking and printer support are still in early development.
DOSBox also comes with its own DOS-like command prompt. It is still quite rudimentary and lacks many of the features found in MS-DOS, but it is sufficient for installing and running most DOS games.
- Added export keyboard mapper function.
- Added import keyboard mapper function.
- Added import from ZIP file to HDD [C:\> Drive] function.
- Added keyboard mapper.
- Added mouse sensitivity function.
- Added fix mouse pointer function [needed by a few games].
- Added autoexec function [AUTOEXEC.BAT].
- Added CPU idle states DOS driver.
- Added select CPU function [Min. 486 DX 25 Mhz - Max. Pentium 166 MHz].
- Added mantain 4:3 aspect-ratio on fullscreen setting.
- Added video filters for a better image quality.
- Added export HDD [C:\> Drive] function.
- Added virtual CD-ROM [D:\> Drive] support.
- Added capability of saving/resetting synchronized emulator settings.
- Added fullscreen support for all 16:9/16:10 Chrome OS, Chromium OS resolutions.
- Added support for gamepad (Device detection only).
- Added format HDD [C:\> Drive] function.
- Added import directory to HDD [C:\> Drive] function.
- No image mounting support.
- No video resolution support (640x400 only).
- No networking support.
- No printing support.