Want to add your own sticky notes to any webpage? Docamatic is your solution
NOTE: Some pages disable what we take advantage of to put notes on the webpage. We are trying to figure out how to have notes on all webpages. If you have a specific page it doesn't work for, please send us an email with it.
Have you ever wanted to keep notes without leaving a specific webpage? Now you can with Docamatic!
You are able to create notes that are attached to webpages AND optionally show them ON THE WEBPAGE.
A searching feature in the extension allows the user to search for past notes. Once a note pops up, you can click it and it will open the page that contains the note in a new page.
The product of Docamatic is changing rapidly and being actively developed. If you have any feedback or feature requests, please reach out to us!
Because of the heavy permission that is asked to change data on all websites, when I push an update, it has to be approved by Google. This means it takes 2-3 business days for every update to be pushed through. I am trying to speed up this process so the update happens sooner
- Edit all data on webpage. This is because the notes are actually inserted into the HTML of the page. You can verify this by opening the developer tools and inspecting the html over the note. I am trying to find a work around for this. If you know how to, I'd be great if you could get in contact with me
- Notes cannot be added to all webpages. We are slowly expanding our ability to add to all webpages
- The style changes on certain webpages
- If you change the size of the note on the left or the top, it will result in the note shifting the next time you view it.
- Weird behavior can be had on pages that are SPA's
(November 14 2020)
- Fixed multiple chrome instance support (multiple windows).
- Fixed adding notes to webpages that have not been reloaded since chrome extension was added
* Note * A lot of users have been complaining of issues of not being able to add notes to webpages, I believe these two fixes should fix it for A LOT of people
(August 14th 2020)
- Added stability to the application
- Notes show by default on webpages
- Added feedback window when the popup view crashes
(March 24th 2020)
- Added ability to export and import notes
- Ability to delete all notes at once
- Some minor UI tweaks
(January 6th 2020)
- New notes are not shown on webpages by default. This is part of a new shift for Docamatic. You can optionally choose to show these notes on the webpages. Positions are still saved
- New interface to see notes on current webpage or add note to webpage if none exist
- Ability to manage some properties of the notes in the popup (such as delete, the title, body, whether it is favorited, and toggle visibility on webpage)
(December 31st 2020)
- Added grouping dates by second, minute, hour, or day
- Improved consistent styles of notes across websites
(December 22nd 2020)
- Added sorting notes by URL and date added
- Added a feedback when uninstalling the application
- Updated a few colors
(December 21st 2020)
- Fixed long titles displaying funky in popup
- Added more support for keeping note styles on more pages
- Added URL preview on popup
- Fixed editing title cursor jump bug
(December 20th 2020)
- Added support for notes rendering on SPA (Single Page Application). Some issues still exist and will be fixed in the coming weeks
(December 13th 2020)
- Fixed bugs related to the cursor jumping around if you edited text not at the end.
(March 28 2020)
- App size is much smaller
(May 10 2019)
- Redesigned pop up menu to include a settings page.
- Added feedback box to the settings menu
- Redesigned the logo
(Feb 10 2019)
- Color updates to correct color on picker
- Size of the note is saved
- Bolded titles on the search
- Restyled the popup menu to fit a better overall theme
(June 5 2019)
- Added top bar for dragging
- Add resizing on any side
(October 18th 2019)
- Updated Note UI as well as Popup UI
- Added a heart feature (to heart your notes)
- Added a view all notes (as soon as you enter in)
*** Updates are coming ***
(August 3rd 2019)
- Added new error screen when note doesn't place and allows for user feedback
- Add a hide all/ show all button to hide/show all the notes with 1 click on a page
- Add a pinning feature meaning a note is pinned to every page you navigate to
- Be able to set preferences such as to show new notes by default on page, change default note colors, etc
- Allow images to be put in the text area
- Persisted notes across uninstalls
- More consistent styling and features
If you would like to help contribute to this project, please reach out to me.
If you have any questions, comments, or suggestions; please feel free to email me. firstname.lastname@example.org
If you would like to donate to support this application, donate at this link buymeacoff.ee/MaHYC5c1d