Automatically shows replies and new comments in Disqus discussions. Stops autoplay media and opens URLs in a new tab/window.
Disqus recently announced it would begin collapsing replies in discussion threads after six or more replies. If, like thousands of other Disqus users, this new “feature” bugs you, then Disqus Auto Expander is here to save your sanity!
Disqus Auto Expander automatically expands collapsed replies, and loads new comments. It also automatically displays long posts and embedded media (which Disqus cuts off with a "see more" link). Other features include the ability to stop embedded audio and video from auto-playing, and to force embedded URLs to open in a new window (just like embedded media items do). You can also automatically load the entire discussion with a single click!
Easy to use (no configuration needed, although you can change the options if you want to), fast and efficient, Disqus Auto Expand does not slow down your browsing experience. In fact, it speeds it up since you don’t have to spend time clicking links to view the whole discussion. Click the Disqus Auto Expander icon to control all of the features of the extension.
Also works with mobile browsers Kiwi and Yandex.
Version 1.1.2 improves layout of Disqus discussions on small screen devices (in particular, to make it easier to tap the up-vote link).
Version 1.1 contains the following new features and updates:
- The “Load entire discussion” button now appears on the main web page so the feature is available on mobile browsers.
- New “Enabled” option on the Configuration page to control whether the extension operates on the current page.
- Content processing pauses when an open reply field is visible on the page. This prevents links above the reply field from expanding and pushing the reply field down (or possibly off the end of) the browser window. Processing resumes when the reply field is closed or scrolled off the screen.
- Various bug fixes and improvements in functionality.
Version 1.0.3 contains minor bug fixes only.
Version 1.0 contains the following updates:
New “Load all content” button automatically loads the entire discussion. Useful if you want to search the text of the discussion using your browser's “Find…” (Ctrl+F) feature.
Version 0.3 contains the following changes:
New auto-expand options:
- Load more comments: expands the “Load more comments” button when at the end of the discussion.
- See new comments: expands the “See # new comments” button when at the top of the discussion.
- Fixed the Open links in a new tab/window option.
Version 0.2 adds the following features:
- Stops auto-play embedded media (audio and video, but not GIFs).
- Forces URLs included in posts and replies to open in a new browser window/tab.