An innovative program that teaches young students, grades 1 to 3, to type while travelling on an exciting and magical adventure.
Disney Mickey’s Typing Adventure Web for Schools
Use the link above to access a free 30-Day Trial of Typing Disney Mickey’s Typing Adventure Web for Schools and the Premium Management Center. Learn why young students delight in learning to type with Mickey Mouse and Friends.
Disney Mickey’s Typing Adventure Web is an innovative online program that teaches students, ages 6 to 9, to type on an exciting, magical adventure in Typelandia. This program is all about fun; packed with colorful Disney animations, entertainment, education, and motivation – the perfect combination to give young students a great first experience learning to type.
Magical Typing Adventure
Students begin their adventure at the Village in Typelandia. The Shopkeeper joins them in a crystal ball as they journey through Typelandia, and he guides them step-by-step. They learn all keyboard basics following one of 11 age- and grade-appropriate Typing Courses. As kids learn to type, they help save Mickey’s friends from a mysterious enchantment and become the hero of this adventure! By the time they reach the Palace, students have been taught proper finger-to-key positions, typing posture, all the typing fundamentals, and become Touch Typists.
Exciting Disney Animations & Typing Games
Animations with favorite Disney characters keep young students entertained and motivated along the way, while challenging games improve their typing speed and accuracy. Favorite games include Mickey Mouse and the Pyramid of Peril, Gopher Mania, Run Pluto Run, Coin Catch, Spelunking, Target Typing, and Quack Cottage. All typing games are played with learned keys only so students of all skill levels can enjoy each of the games.
Typing Lessons & Results
Students get instant feedback on words per minute, adjusted words per minute, and accuracy. When kids pass the lessons and challenges at proficient speed and accuracy, they help Mickey's friends escape the magical enchantment – and become touch-typists.
Fun ways to Practice Typing
Students can practice typing passages from Disney stories, such as Tangled, and reinforce finger-to-key memory skills by playing typing games in the Arcade with just the keys they have learned. When they learn the entire keyboard they can practice typing their favorite Disney Stories in the Library.
Disney Mickey’s Typing Adventure Web provides young students with a fully-integrated learning experience. This robust application is unlike many stand-alone, a la carte typing programs. The keyboarding curriculum follows the standards outlined by the National Education Technology Standards (NETS), and the Common Core Standards.
11 Typing Courses
Disney Mickey’s Typing Adventure Web has all the tools kids need to learn proficient keyboarding, including 11 unique and complete Typing Courses.
• Suggested Typing Course
• Learning the Home Row Course
• Home Row and Upper Row Course
• Home Row and Lower Row Course
• Suggest Typing Course (no games)
• Ages 7 to 8 Course
• Ages 9 to 10 Course
• Skill Building Course
• Games Course
• Numeric Keypad Course
• Numeric Keypad Numbers Course
Management Center Features For District & School Administrators
• LDAP Technology
• Three Levels of Management for Districts, Schools, and Classes
• Import Five Ways with Preset Excel Templates
• Export Detailed Student Reports to Excel for Customization
• Enhanced User Interface
• Easy Administrator Password Management
• Import and Export Students by Class or School or Teacher
• Easy! The Shopkeeper guides students step-by-step on their adventure in Typelandia
• Select Typing Course by Student or Class
• Set Word per Minute Goal by Student or Class
• Run Typing Reports by Student or Class
• Assign Grades from Robust Set of Student Reports
Benefits for Your School
• First Class Typing Solution
• Private Label with Unique Web Address, Name, Logo & Colors
• Meets Standards for: NETS/ISTE, Common Core, Smarter Balanced & PARCC
• No Software to Install or Maintain
• Comprehensive Management Center Video Training