This minimalistic extension disables "Scroll to Text Fragment" feature in Google search results
Google search results sometimes highlight text snippets on pages opened from search results.
The feature can sometimes be annoying, however currently there's no way to disable it from browser preferences.
This extension has been created to override it and disable the highlights.
Disable Google Search Text Highlights is open source software:
☕ If you like the extension you can buy a coffee for the author here:
- use runPatiently function to run as early as possible
- replace the links instead of updating urls
- run the script earlier (to make sure the links are replaced by the time the page is loaded)
- Only change href if text fragment is present
- Drop trailing "#" caused by text fragment
- Lower permissions level (specific domains instead of all_urls)
- Replace only :~:text piece of fragment directives, leaving other directives untouched
- Fix: remove text fragment for URLs with hashes
- Add tests
- Improve pattern for matching all the Google domains
- Fix an issue with breaking "Tools" buttons functionality on Google
- Initial stable version
Scroll to Text Fragment,