Real-time desktop notifications for the Stack Exchange.
- Real-time desktop notifications for the inbox of any user.
- Configurable behaviour for clicking on the notification.
- Opt-in to keep the extension running when Chrome is closed.
- Don't want to receive notifications any more? Visit options and click on Stop.
- Unread count displayed on button.
- Desktop notifications can be disabled.
- Your StackExchange inbox is shown in the panel at the extension button.
After installation, request an API token at the options page to get real-time notifications of new messages.
Alternatively, only set a StackExchange ID without granting the token. (not recommended, because this token is needed for getting the unread count at any given time).
- Notifications - To display desktop notifications
- Tabs - To focus the new window after clicking on the notification
Also available as a Firefox Add-on:
Support and information:
You may specify a StackExchange ID (and optionally use StackExchange's mechanism to grant an StackExchange API token) to enable the extension to function. This data is stored locally only, and only used with the StackExchange API to receive notifications for inbox messages. No other data is collected, and the data is not used for any other purpose.