Real-time desktop notifications for the Stack Exchange.
- Real-time desktop notifications for the inbox of any user.
- Configurable behaviour for clicking on the notification.
- Opt-in to keep the extension running when Chrome is closed.
- Don't want to receive notifications any more? Visit options and click on Stop.
- Unread count displayed on button.
- Desktop notifications can be disabled.
- Your StackExchange inbox is shown in the panel at the extension button.
After installation, request an API token at the options page to get real-time notifications of new messages.
Alternatively, only set a StackExchange ID without granting the token. (not recommended, because this token is needed for getting the unread count at any given time).
- Notifications - To display desktop notifications
- Tabs - To focus the new window after clicking on the notification
Also available as a Firefox Add-on:
Support and information: