Search for Magic: The Gathering cards, click to build a list
A build on-the-fly decklist extension for Magic: The Gathering. The extension works by adding an "add" icon to individual cards on popular Magic: The Gathering sites.
Clicking the add icon will add the card to your list. Clicking on the icon again (which changes to a green checkmark for cards on your list) will remove the card from your list.
Clicking on the extension icon opens up a visual representation of your list, as well as options to edit it. You may edit the quantity and remove cards that you have added to the list. The extension UI also allows for downloading a .txt file and copying to the clipboard, as well as clearing the list.
Hovering over a card's name in the list will show a preview image of the card.
*NEW* You can now directly buy cards in your list using the "TCGPlayer" button! This will open a new tab in TCGPlayer's Mass Entry with your cards preloaded ... and I'll get a tiny kickback to help development costs :)
You can also export directly to Archidekt for easy deck building.
- Magic Spoiler
- Cube Cobra
- Archidekt export
- Style / button changes
- Move native EDHRec button to top left of card so they don't overlap
- Manifest description update
- Actually fixed the 1.2.1 issue.
- Added Buy option which will send users to TCGPlayer Mass Entry
- Fixed an issue where the list was exceeding local storage size limits past ~50 cards or so.
- Images! Hover over the card name in the extension popup to view a preview of the card. This uses Scryfall's fuzzy search API endpoint to get the image URI when the card is added to the list, and the images themselves are requested when the popup opens.
- Slightly smaller font and larger popup box to accommodate images as well as DFMCs. They have really long names and I want to avoid an overflow situation.
- Some refactoring and optimization, as well as code comments.
- Fixes for EDHRec site updates.
- Added support for TCGPlayer, Cube Cobra, and StrictlyBetter
- Fixed SPA bug, the funkiness seen on EDHRec should be resolved now
- Refactored main.js
- Partners on EDHRec are funky and will require some time to figure out how to support
- TCGPlayer does not differentiate their products in any meaningful way on search result pages. This means that the "add" button will appear on any product, not just Magic cards.
- Multiple lists (this may be a breaking change, in that the underlying storage structure would have to change and thus users would lose any current list)
- Text import
a) The extension can only add cards from sites that include the card name in proximity to the card tile. The sites it currently works on have the actual card names typically as alt text of the card image. Unfortunately some sites don't follow this format (such as Mythic Spoiler which uses a name-like slug instead) so the extension will not work on those sites. If you would like to add another site please contact me and I will investigate!
b) EDHRec released a similar feature during development of this project for their site. The extension code will move the EDHRec feature in favor of the extension's functionality.
c) This project is open source. If you would like to contribute please check out the github page at https://github.com/devinrieger/decklist