Dayboard is a new tab to do list and website blocker that helps you improve focus, reduce distractions, and fight procrastination.
☆☆☆ As seen on TIME, Lifehacker, Lifehack, MakeUseOf, TheNextWeb ☆☆☆
Dayboard is a new tab to do list that focuses on just 5 items each day. Start your day by writing down the most important tasks you want to accomplish. Every time you open a new tab, you’ll be reminded of your priorities, which works with a built-in site blocker that prevents you from visiting distracting sites like Facebook, Twitter, Reddit and YouTube. This way you can fight procrastination and stay focused on the task at hand.
It's no secret: not everything on our to do lists are worth doing. Spend a day doing busywork and you'll end your day feeling guilty and unproductive; but finish one important task and you'll be making progress. Dayboard helps you get the right stuff done with daily planning, positive habits and smart constraints.
✔ minimal todo list on the new tab page
✔ site blocker that stops you from visiting distracting sites
✔ focus mode that shows you one task at a time
✔ history to show you review your progress
✔ connect with team members to keep track of what everyone’s working on (via dayboard.co)
✔ keep your tasks in sync on different machines (via dayboard.co)
✔ the ability to archive tasks
✔ integrations with your favorite apps
✔ turn off your reminders when your work day is over
Questions and suggestions?
• Get in touch via Twitter @dayboardco or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org
September 4, 2017 - [v0.15.1]
• Bug fix: We fixed a UI bug in the site blocker where the countdown was not animating properly.
• Plan changes in effect: Site blocking will be limited to 5 times a day for free users. We've detailed some of our thinking behind this decision in our previous change log in August (see below).
August 8, 2017 - [v0.15.0]
• New look: We've moved the change logs from the Extension Settings to this new format. We have an important update that will affect all free users (see below), so we wanted a more prominent way to make sure that this was communicated to our users.
• Site blocker change: We've improved the way site blocker works for free users. Site blockers will now show your next task and provide a link to redirect your attention to a different site. Previously, this "enhanced" site blocker was only available to Pro and Business plan users, but we've made this available to everyone because 1) this is a much more useful design and, 2) it wasn't clear to many users we offered the different site blocking experiences.
• Upcoming plan changes: In light of this, starting on September 4th, site blocking will be limited to 5 times a day for free users. We've decided to make this change because we've felt this was more fair for existing paying customers and this makes it clearer between our Basic vs Pro offering. Moving forward, unlimited site blocking is only available to Pro and Business users.
• Updated feature: We've updated the blockers feature and repurposed it to let team members to assign tasks. We've decided to do this based on multiple user requests and from observing our own usage patterns at Dayboard. Blockers right now aren't used often and user feedback suggests that the best way to remove a blocker was when a team member completes a blocking task. Right now, most of the changes are cosmetic, but we have plans for a major redesign in an upcoming release. Stay tuned!
• Improvement: We've added a shortcut for adding a distracting site from the browser extension icon. You can now add sites without visiting the settings page. ᕕ( ⁰ ▽ ⁰ )ᕗ
• Bug fix: We fixed a minor UI issue where the browser extension icon’s color sometimes doesn’t match with the Dayboard logo after you click to open the extension pop up window.
May 18, 2017 - [v0.14.0]
• New feature: site blocker schedules! ┗(＾0＾)┓ We've made several improvements to how the site blocker works. The biggest change is the ability to schedule how much time you get to spend taking breaks and which days you want the site blocker to be active. Most of you probably don't work on weekends!
• New feature: we've added a new Dayboard icon to the Chrome toolbar. This is a nice user experience improvement: it shows you whether if the current site you're on is blocked or not, let's you add a site to block without visiting settings, it shows you how much remaining time you have left before the blocker kicks in, and shows how many times you've been distracted on a given day. Give it a try!
• Bug fix: this is long overdue, but we've fixed an issue where a site blocker is activated based on the current open window. This means if you're switching between tabs while a page is loading, a distracting site is sometimes not blocked or that an unlisted site is blocked. Sorry about this!
• We've made several billing improvements for our paying customers: you'll now see a notification to update your credit card from the extension if your card expires.
• There's also a bunch of other small UI improvements :)
November 13, 2016 - [v0.13.1]
• Bug fix: The number of times sites have been blocked will not increase if you're switching between blocked tabs.
• Bug fix: We are now correctly displaying the instructions to enter urls for Blocked Sites. Sorry! :(
November 13, 2016 - [v0.13.0]
• We've added two new features: blocked sites and reference links! Both features are available to Basic and Pro users, but Pro users will see their next task (and if provided, a reference link for where they should visit instead, if a site is blocked). You can read more about the changes here: bit.ly/blocked-sites-changelog
• Improvement: We changed the snooze options for refocus tab to 10m, 1hr, 3hrs and 12 hrs (from 5m, 30m, 1hr, and 12hrs). This spreads out the options a bit more, since 1hr and 12 hrs is a pretty big gap, 30m and 1hr isn't big enough of a difference.
• Bug fix: We fixed a bug where the snooze timer incorrectly calculates how much time is left from the refocus tab settings. It's no longer counting down from 11 hours, and 719 minutes! :)
• Bug fix: We fixed how refocus tabs can sometimes be displayed incorrectly on different sites. Since we can't check our work by browsing all 168,068,106,810,968,109,685,018,231 web pages on the interwebs, tell us if you see a mistake by emailing email@example.com!
August 22, 2016 - [v0.12.2]
• Fixed another issue that deals with a security bug reported on our app. Nothing to see here, move along now! ⊂(▀¯▀⊂)
• Revert an accidental change in permission settings. No new permissions are needed -- sorry about that!
August 22, 2016 - [v0.12.1]
• Fixed a bug with task importing, where it missed some old tasks. Shame you, sloppy developers, shame you! (つ•̀ᴥ•́)つ*:･ﾟ✧
August 22, 2016 - [v0.12.0]
Offline task importing is now available! c(ˊᗜˋ*c)
• We've decided to rename Escape Tabs to a more appropriate name: Refocus Tabs, to describe how the tab should be used.
• We made some upgrades to our software. There should be no visible changes, but let us know if you see anything strange!
• We've made a significant improvement where users that create an account on dayboard.co can now import their offline tasks. No need to start fresh!
• In light of that, we've added to a sign up link in the nav bar to encourage more users to sign up :) Hope you'll join us!
July 22, 2016 - [v0.11.2]
More bug fixes. (つ•̀ᴥ•́)つ*:･ﾟ✧
• Bug fix: Switching to tomorrow and past days were problematic for offline users. This has now been fixed. SORRY! :(
• The Options link when you visit chrome://extensions or from Dayboard icon (in the top right corner of the browser) now links to the proper settings page.
• UX improvement: We made the extension settings a bit easier to find for logged in users.
• UX improvement: Made a few changes when entering whitelist / blacklist URLs for Escape tabs. Entering `gmail.com` or `hotmail.com` automatically forwards it to `mail.google.com` and `live.com` respectively.
July 5, 2016 - [v0.11.1]
This is primarily a bug fix / improvements patch for logged in users.
• Added 'Refresh' button to replace the small, dinky 'Update now' link.
• Lots of improvements to task syncing! Loading tasks from today should feel quicker than they used to. ZOOM ZOOM.
─=≡Σᕕ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)ᕗ
• Bug fix: task loading should no longer leave you eternally trapped staring at the spinning-loading-circles-of-death
• Bug fix: we fixed an issue where the extension keeps saying your trial is over, even after you've picked a plan on the web site. RAGE INDUCING, RIGHT?
• Bug fix: logging out from the web site now fixes some issues when your account plans are out of sync.
• Small-ish improvement: we've added alert boxes when a task addition, update, or deltion is unsuccessful. This isn't an actual bug fix, but at least it won't fail silently and leave you wondering why our app is so broken. You'll now see our app break visibily, leaving you wondering why our app is so broken.
June 27, 2016 - [v0.11.0]
• We're introducing a new paid feature that we're calling *Escape Tab*. Ever spend all day chasing links on Wikipedia? Stuck in a YouTube binge session? Escape Tab helps you refocus by showing your next task *inside* your current web page. It's annoyingly awesome.
• Related to the point above, we've had to introduce new permission settings that allows us to modify any web page (sounds scary, I know, but we promise we're not using it for anything malicious). As for our free users, this will also affect you since we'll be introducing site blocking on our next major update.
• We've decided to remove the progress bar and limit histories to the last 14 days for free users. But, to support users that have been with us since the beginning, *we'll be grandfathering existing users with these two paid features*. Note: this won't take effect until the next major update -- please bear with us!
• Our perpetual 'Coming Soon' Settings page finally got some love! (• ᴥ ರೃ)
• Bug fix: we've fixed the History page for offline, Chrome extension users. You can now review the last 14 days properly!
• Bug fix: we've fixed Focus Mode. It sometimes sent you to an empty page if you previously archived a task. No more!
• What's this about Dayboard Pro? Shhhhh... we're slowly introducing this to our Chrome extension users in the coming weeks. We'll have more news about this once we allow users to import offline tasks. Seriously, don't look. We're not ready yet. :(
Apr 25, 2016 - [v0.10.0]
• You can now archive completed tasks! ୧༼ʘ̆ںʘ̆༽୨ That's right. You can now work on 7 items in Dayboard. Talk about innovation, right?
• We've made some UI improvements to the input fields. There's a nice hint that suggests you press Enter, in case you forget.
• When you switched dates to look at your task history, the options for Today and Tomorrow used to look glitchy as they turned on and off. This now looks less glitchy.
• We fixed a bug with Focus mode where it sometimes wouldn't switch to the next set of tasks properly. It now properly reminds you you're not quite done your work yet. Sorry for the false hope.
Apr 4, 2016 - [v0.9.0]
• For logged in users, blockers are now accessible from the new tab page ٩(◕‿◕｡)۶
• For logged in users, we made a tweak navigation bar. It now comes with a drop down so you can easily access team settings, billing details and integrations.
• For logged in users, we made improvements to how your tasks are stored locally. This should speed up the new tab page's loading speed.
• We changed the `Apps` and `Bookmark` shortcuts to icons
• You can no longer click the task text to complete it. Completing tasks is done by click on the check box. This is to avoid accidental clicks.
• Clicking edit now focuses the element so you can type right away.
• Bug fix: adding text over 100 characters used to break the task editing box. No more!
• Bug fix: we removed autocompletions when you try to add a new task
Jan 12, 2016 - [v0.8.0]
• We added a new feature that let's you track your daily progress. Web users would've seen this on dayboard.co, but it's available to everyone through the extension now! ☜(ﾟヮﾟ☜)
• Fixed a bug with our support tool that didn't let you minimize the window.
• HAPPY NEW YEAR!
June 24, 2015 - [v0.7.1]
• Added a little nudge for today's tasks when you have a blank state
June 10, 2015 - [v0.7.0]
• Added notification compatibility to the bottom of the task card when you are mentioned in a blocker.
Apr 22, 2015 - [v0.6.6]
• Fix an issue with text weight for non-English text.
Apr 15, 2015 - [v0.6.5]
• Fix a permissions issues were images for in-app messages weren't displaying properly.
Mar 8, 2015 - [v0.6.4]
• Another attempt to fix Chrome's storage issues.
Mar 4, 2015 - [v0.6.3]
• Fixed a bug with Google sync and storage limits.
• Pressing escape now lets you cancel your task input
Feb 15, 2015 - [v0.6.0]
• Users with accounts can now send and receive support messages straight from the new tab page!
• You can now add tasks by pressing the tab key
• We made some improvements to the way you edit tasks
• Added a tooltip to Focus mode if you don't have any tasks
Feb 5, 2015 - [v0.5.2]
• Fixed a bug where skipping tasks shows every item in Focus Mode
• Fixed a bug where you can't add tasks to tomorrow if there are 5 completed tasks today
• Fixed a bug where hovering over disabled tasks in tomorrow's list shows a cursor
• Fixed a bug where you can cross off a task from tomorrow's list
• Fixed a bug where you can accidentally load an unlimited number of tasks into focus mode and cause the browser to crash
• Fixed a typo in the bookmarks tooltip
Dec 1, 2014 - [v0.5.1]
• Fixed a bug that allowed you to use drag and drop while editing a task
Nov 30, 2014 - [v0.5.0]
• Added drag and drop to reorder your tasks
• Fixed a bug that allowed you to edit tasks from previous days
Oct 29, 2014 - [v0.4.0]
• Added the ability to allows users to plan ahead for tomorrow
• Fixed a bug scrolling bug in Focus Mode
• Fixed an issue that would sometimes make the extension "stuck" while loading a new tab
Oct 15, 2014 - [v0.3.3]
• Fixed a bug where loading a new page gets interrupted if you enter the URL too quickly
July 31, 2014 - [v0.3.1]
• Fixed a bug where the history graph doesn't show up for new users
• Fixed some UI issues on the History page
July 30, 2014 - [v0.3.0]
• dayboard.co users can now log in to the extension to sync their tasks with their team
July 16, 2014 - [v0.2.0]
• Bug fixes
• Updated screenshots
• History page now works: you can now see a full list of all the tasks you've completed, the number of tasks you've completed, and a chart that quickly shows your 14-day work history
June 4, 2014 - [v0.1.3]
• Bug fixes, new screenshots
May 29, 2014 - [v0.1.0]
• Initial release