UDAPTOR's Assistant extension for automating requests for data access and portability.
This extension boosts your productivity by helping you to exercise your data access and data portability rights in many online services.
Right now, even though data access is granted by regulations like GDPR as a right, retrieving your personal data from companies is bothersome and involve specific steps for each different company. Thus, this extension automates these processes and guides you through them.
What this extension does:
- Give you a selection of companies from which you can request your data.
- Automatically guide you through the steps of doing so.
- Give you a clear explanation of each step, let it be going to a company's page, writing up an email, accessing a link, etc.
- Keep track of which services you have requested your data from, as companies have up to a month to provide you with your data as stated by GDPR.
- Help you check when you request has been fulfilled.
- Help you save this data in your personal computer in an organised fashion, so you know how to explore and use your data.
What this extension DOESN'T do:
- It does not share your information in any way. Data Privacy is one of our main concerns!
- It does not communicate with any servers or endpoints to collect your personal data.
- It does not have access to your personal data. It's saved in your computer and you'll be the only one with access to it.
Why is this extension useful?
UDAPTOR believes is a world where people have control over their personal data, and thus we aim to create tools to help people achieve that. Join us in the quest of making internet a more people-oriented place and bringing data literacy to the world!
What do I need to use it?
- Gmail account for sending and receiving requests.
- An account on the service you want to request your data from.
Which services does it work with?
- We are currently integrated with: Google, Headspace, Revolut, Splitwise and Freeletics.
- More services will be available soon.