Encoding/Decoding Plugin for various types of encoding like base64, rot13 or unix timestamp conversion
IMPORTANT: If you have questions, bug reports or feature requests please do not post them as review but instead submit them via Github(preferred) or via the "Send Feedback" feature of the Chrome Webstore. I WILL IGNORE ANY FEATURE REQUESTS SUBMITTED VIA REVIEWS, AS THEY MAKE IT TOO HARD TO GUESS WHAT YOU WANT/NEED AND I AM NO MAGICIAN OR PSYCHIC!
This extension enables you to encode and decode selected text via the context menu. This reduces the time you spend on looking up encoded values and gives you more time to concentrate on the important things of development.
Version 1.3.0 introduces a new in-clipboard-conversion which will allow you to copy text into your clipboard and select a conversion from the menu(when no text is selected). After the conversion the new text ist pasted back into your clipboard.
The context menu this extension enables is customizable through the options page. To get there either click on the context menu item or go to Wrench -> Tools -> Extensions -> d3coder options.
Via the popup menu you are able to choose between 5 message types: alert the result, display the result via native HTML5 notifications, inject a DIV-element to the pages bottomm, via console.log() or replacing the selected text on the page.
The menu also offers you to deactivate functions in your context menu( e.g. if you don't need and want to free the space they use).
The current version has implemented the following functions:
- Timestamp decoding
- rot13 en-/decoding
- base64 encoding
- base64 decoding
- CRC32 hashing
- MD5 hashing
- SHA1 hashing
- HTML entity encoding
- HTML entity decoding
- HTML specialchars encoding
- HTML specialchars decoding
- URI encoding
- URI decoding
- Quoted printable decoding
- Quoted printable encoding
- Base64 decode
- Base64 encode
You don't have to worry about the permissions the extension needs. This extension won't send or save any data. The permissions are needed for the functions the extension provides. d3coder even got a "100% CLEAN award granted by Softpedia".
Now also on Google+ - https://plus.google.com/b/117007781487912674775/ - add the page to your circles to always stay up-to-date about changes.
Fixed bin2txt when converting strings with whitespace characters
Fixed broken unserialize function
Fixed update of context menu after disabling menu items
Fixed broken install
Smaller updates to options page
Bugfix: Fixed broken encryptions
Rewrite of core code to drop a dependency
Updated options page theme
Rewrite of options page code
Feature: New menu for direct in-clipboard-conversion
Bugfix: Problems with context menu customization
Extension packaging problems
Added function URI encode
Added function URI decode
Added link to menu in context menu
Fixed not-working outputs (manifest v2 regression)
Fixed not-working options-page (manifest v2 regression)
Added function reverse
Changed manifest to version 2
- Added in-place replacement of en-/decoding
- Automatic clipboard copy option
- Copy-to-Clipboard button in Div-Output
- Added bin2txt function
- Added L33T en/decoding
- Changed output of unserialize function
- Quickfix for broken menu generation
- Instant change of context menu items after removing/adding functions
- Div-output is now resizable in height
- Added function base64 encode
- Added function base64 decode
- Added function unserialize
- Re-designed the options page to fit better into Chrome
- Removed save and cancel button on options page
- Changes made on the options page are saved immediately
- Added DIV-output
- Added Console.log()-output
- Moved the options from browser action to options page
- Fixed the image for HTML5 notifications
Thanks to Martin Jost for the webstore graphics.