Export all Custom Settings from Salesforce To Excel in three clicks
Export all Salesforce Custom Settings to Excel in 3 clicks!
Use this extension to export all the custom settings from your org to an excel.
Note: All credits to sorenkrabbe for his extension "salesforce-inspector" available @ https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/salesforce-inspector/aodjmnfhjibkcdimpodiifdjnnncaafh
I have used the code shared by him to improvise and develop this extension. I would share the code of this extension on github soon.
This extension fetches all the custom settings from the org and creates an excel wherein each sheet in the excel would contain the records for a cutom setting. The sheet name would be the custom setting name (30 chars max). Note that __c from the custom setting api name would be truncated.
Steps to export custom settings:
1. Login to any org in salesforce
2. After that, click on the extension icon (the green down arrow on top right in url bar).
3. Click on the "Fetch Custom Settings" button. This would create a popup. The popup would be asynchrnously populated with all the custom settings of your org. Please give it some time to fetch all the records.
4. Once all the records have been fetched (the vertical scroll bar would stop reducing in size :)). Click on the "export to excel" button.
5. Save the excel and view all the custom settings.
Do recommend the extension with you friends and colleagues if you like it.
Also, if you like the extension, please don't forget to Rate it on the Chrome Extension Webstore.
Feedback/Suggestions/Ideas/Comments most welcome.
Thanks again and I hope this extension saves your time and makes you more productive!
For any queries: firstname.lastname@example.org