Trade safely and protect your crypto assets from fraudsters. We prevent malicious sites and malware from stealing your funds.
The CryptoFence extension for Chrome protects users from Cryptocurrency Phishing scams and Wallet Address Swapping Malware (WASM). The extension uses real-time monitoring paired with an advanced proprietary heuristic risk engine. Each page you browse is constantly monitored to detect behavioral properties that may indicate it is malicious.
Threats we detect
1. Exchange Phishing sites - The #1 threat, these sites steal all information (including 2FA codes and tokens) needed to take over your exchange account, using social engineering techniques.
2. Wallet Address Swapping Malware such as CryptoSuffler, Eviral and Coinbitclip. These are viruses that simply switch copied addresses to the attacker’s wallet address, therefore resulting in the victim sending funds to the wrong wallet.
3. ICO phishing scam sites claiming to be the original ICOs
CryptoFence has 3 main safety levels:
1. Secure - These sites are known as secure sites. They either appear in our list of protected applications or have been whitelisted. The CryptoFence shield icon will turn green and the extension menu window will read “Secure Site” to let you know you are browsing in a safe environment.
2. Dangerous - These sites have been actively detected by our engine, in real-time, as potentially deceptive sites trying to mimic other protected applications. In case this should occur, we will do our best to make sure you are aware of the situation. First and foremost, a red overlay window will cover the entire website window until you decide to take action. Furthermore, the CryptoFence shield icon will turn red and the extension menu window will read “Deceptive Site Detected” to let you know you are browsing in a potentially dangerous environment.
3.Normal/Out of scope - These sites are either not crypto-related or have not been determined as secure by us. This doesn’t mean the site is dangerous, but only that we haven’t chosen to protect it yet.
If you see an “out of scope” behavior in a site we have previously marked as secure or whether it’s an exchange you normally use, please make sure you are in the real site by reading the domain name in the URL and making sure it is the correct one. If you believe this site should be marked as secure please let us know by reporting through the extension menu window.
We currently mark several of crypto-related sites (Exchanges, ICOs, news sites, data sources, etc.) as secure and actively protect the 42 most popular Crypto Exchanges from phishing. This number grows on a daily basis.
How it works
1. Advanced Phishing Prevention: CryptoFence uses a real-time heuristic engine that scans every site you visit for Crypto Phishing characteristics and determines its risk in a matter of milliseconds.
2. WASM Detection: Our engine looks for behavioral properties that identify these wallet address switching viruses and detects them by displaying a red overlay that will prompt you for action. It will appear on all windows in the browser until, you cleaned your computer from the virus using an AV or until you have dismissed the message.
Please note that this protection currently only works inside the browser, since the extension only monitors browser activity. It’s good to protect you when copying addresses from within the browser such as exchanges, webmail, online wallets, social media and all other sites. It currently won’t protect if you copy from outside the browser from places such as desktop wallets.
The full WASM protection feature will be released in the next version. Stay tuned.
We don’t collect your true identity unless you actively and willingly send us feedback with this information. Furthermore, we will never collect any personal information from within the sites you visit.
We do collect some information about your device, such as browser version, user agent, IP and similar data, when you install our extension, reopen the browser or when a threat has been detected on your device.
CryptoFence may also collect information regarding malicious activity on the User's system, including but not limited to malicious URLs and malicious wallet addresses, present in cases of engagement with phishing websites and virus infections.
Please feel free to contact us for help, feedback, recommendations, business enquiries or to get listed on CryptoFence’s secure list by emailing us at support<at>cryptofence.com