CrossTec SchoolVue delivers the tools you need to help maximize the effectiveness of computer-led teaching and now you can utilize…
CrossTec SchoolVue delivers the tools you need to help maximize the effectiveness of computer-led teaching and now you can utilize the power of SchoolVue in a Google Chromebook environment.
The CrossTec SchoolVue Tutor can be installed on teacher machines running Chrome OS. The teacher can then connect to each student Chromebook* enabling them to monitor and interact with students quickly and efficiently.
* The CrossTec SchoolVue Student extension for Google Chrome needs to be installed on each student Chromebook.
Key Features when connecting to students from a teacher’s Chrome OS device:
- View a crystal clear thumbnail of each student machine in a single view.
- Zoom in to view a larger thumbnail of any selected student Chromebook.
- The teacher can set objectives and expected outcomes for the current lesson.
- Ask students to register at the start of each lesson.
- Lock the student's mouse and keyboard when instructing.
- Send an instant survey or request for feedback to each student and display results in real time.
- The teacher can open a discussion session that all or selected students can join, enter their comments and share with the rest of the class.
- Send an attention-grabbing message or instruction to each student machine.
- Request Help facility - students can send a request for help to the teacher.
- Block unauthorized websites.
- Use approved websites only.
- Block all Internet access.
- Launch a website on the student Chromebook.
- Block FTP Access.
- See details of the website that students are currently viewing.
CHROME INCOGNITO MODE:
To ensure you retain full visibility of your students' internet use, it is recommended that you ‘disallow’ Incognito Mode in the Chrome OS User Settings via Google Apps for Education.
Fixes in CrossTec SchoolVue Tutor Google ChromeBook 18.104.22.168 August 15, 2019
• Resolved an issue where Licence details were not being stored at the Tutor.
Fixes in CrossTec SchoolVue Tutor Google ChromeBook 1.14 February 20, 2019
• SIS Data can now be pulled down when the NCS is using a NSW.lic licence file
New in CrossTec SchoolVue Tutor Google ChromeBook 1.15.1 March 26, 2019
New Survey results now shows as a bar chart in the results section of the Survey tab.
Can now show/hide the bottom details sections of each tab view.
Can now add the current website being viewed at students to the approved or restricted lists.
Fixes in CrossTec SchoolVue Tutor Google ChromeBook 1.15.1 March 26, 2019
Improved the User mode/SIS connection view at the Tutor.
Fixes in CrossTec SchoolVue Tutor Google ChromeBook 1.15.2 April 25, 2019
Resolved issue where the thumbnail zoom feature did not work after a student reconnect.
INSTALLATION and PRE-REQUISITES:
For a teacher to be able to monitor and interact with their students using Google Chromebooks, the CrossTec Name & Connectivity Server must be installed on a Windows Server; the CrossTec SchoolVue Tutor must be installed on the teacher's machine*, and the CrossTec SchoolVue Student extension installed onto each of the students' Chromebooks.
* In mixed platform classrooms, the SchoolVue Windows Tutor application can also connect to student Chromebooks.
You can evaluate the CrossTec SchoolVue Tutor for 30 days on up to five student Chromebooks or, when prompted, you can enter your existing SchoolVue license information. If you’re new to CrossTec SchoolVue or require additional licenses, contact your CrossTec reseller.
Please visit www.crosstecsoftware.com for more information.