Install Opera extensions in Chrome in a sandboxed environment
With focus on performance, privacy and security, CrossPilot is an advanced tool that makes it easy for you to install Opera webstore addons in Chrome and vice versa.
How to use
- Visit Opera addons webstore and find your desired addon.
- Click on Install with CrossPilot button in sidebar.
- Installation process will begin in CrossPilot installation page
- Review the optional permissions (Grant/Deny)
- You are ready to use your Opera addon in Chrome.
CrossPilot requires minimum permissions possible to operate. All optional permissions can be granted or denied by the user. See the following section on use of permissions for more details.
Use of permissions:
CrossPilot requires 3 permissions upon install:
1. Storage - (Used to store CrossPilot settings)
2. Unlimited Storage - (Chrome Extension storage is limited to 5MB, We require higher storage for larger extensions)
3. Alarms - (Used to create repeating tasks, mainly used for checking updates)
1. http://*/ and https://*/ (Used to for installed extensions' content scripts)
2. Downloads, downloads.open (Create and read downloads, open downloaded files, for download managers)
3. tabs (Can be used for screenshot extensions, PDF generators)
We do not track any of your data, period.
We do not track any usage of the extension - that includes searches, filters, tabs, windows, popup opens, etc
We do not track any websites, website usage, etc
We do not transfer any data to any 3rd party servers
The only data that we store is your storage data. You save this data to your local browser storage. We never touch or see this data. This data is exclusively stored inside your browser.
The same goes for your settings - your settings are saved solely inside your browser.
Feel free to contact us if you got any questions or concerns about data privacy, we will be happy to help.