Creates an event in your Google calendar based on selected text.
Select or highlight text containing a date, time, and event title. (Time and title are optional.) Right click on the selected text and click “Create Google calendar event for ‘….’”. This extension will open the Google calendar new event page filled in with the date, time, and title info that it found. Save the event, making adjustments if desired, or cancel event creation with the “X”.
You can create events from any selectable text in Chrome.
- EXAMPLES OF SUPPORTED DATE FORMATS -
• November 1st
• November 1
• 2 November
• 2nd of November
• November 15, 2020
• 2001 November 15
When the year is missing, the extension assumes it is the next occurrence of that date, whether it’s this year or next.
- EXAMPLES OF SUPPORTED DATE/TIME FORMATS -
• 8:00 AM to 4:00 PM on 11/2/2019
• 3:00 on 11/1/2019
• 5pm to 8pm on 6/15
• 3PM on 8/10
If no time is selected, it will assume an all-day event. If AM/PM is missing, it will guess which. If only one time, the start and end time will be the same.
Any text not part of the date/time becomes the event title. If there is no event title, it will just call it “Event”.
- EXAMPLES OF EVENT TITLES -
• "Sushi with wife at 7PM on 11/2". Event title will be “Sushi with wife”
• "Olive Garden with friends on November 1st". Event title will be “Olive Garden with friends”
• "10/24 Kayaking on the Rio Grande". Event title will be “Kayaking on the Rio Grande”
- FEEDBACK -
Please email support at email@example.com with any suggestions of other formats to support. Also, email any other feedback, including selected date/time text you think should work but does not.
Google Calendar™ is a trademark of Google Inc. Use of this trademark is subject to Google Permissions.