Car research: Craigslist, eBay, Kijiji, AOL, Cars.com, Vehix, Facebook, AutoTrader, Yahoo. Reviews, recalls, price, reliability
"I was shopping for a used car on Craigslist and got tired of going to different websites for car research. So to make my task of browsing and researching the cars easier, I wrote couple of browser extensions which sort of evolved with time and use."
CNET news wrote an article about it and was featured on download.com
"Make car shopping on Craigslist less cumbersome"
url : http://news.cnet.com/8301-27076_3-10403694-248.html
Lifehacker.com on this extension :
"Craigslist Car Research Extension Makes Used-Car Shopping Easier
...provides all of that available information at the top of each page so you can quickly determine whether sifting through the posted ad is worth your time."
url : http://lifehacker.com/5416802/craigslist-car-research-extension-makes-used+car-shopping-easier
= Features =
* Car consumer Review comments. This information is invaluable for a used car buyer.
* Estimated Price.
* Factory Recall List.
* Shows similar craigslist ads list for the same model-year car. This will provide some guess on what the going rate is.
* Adds a button on top of page to enable / disable features easily. Helps speedup page load.
* Highlights the words accident / rebuilt / moving. Saves time if you want to skip accident car ads.
* Displays Car (important) reliability information.
* Provides link to Canadian Black Book site for useful for people in Canada as this site isn't as popular as kelly blue book in US.
* Shows consumer reviews and discussions from Edmunds.
* Recently viewed ads.
* Create your Notes about ad.
* Kelly Blue Book value.
* Works well with my other plugin : Craigslist Peek.
== Works Best With these ==
Craigslist phone search:
For like ( lazy :-p ) minded people who visits Craigslist often.
Craigslist Peek :