Control your cookies! Auto-delete unused cookies from your closed tabs while keeping the ones you want.
Control your cookies! This extension is inspired by Self Destructing Cookies. When a tab closes, any cookies not being used are automatically deleted. Prevent tracking by other cookies and add only the ones you trust. Easily import and export your Cookie Whitelist.
- Auto Deletes Cookies from Closed Tabs
- WhiteList/GreyList Support for Cookies
- Easily Export/Import your Whitelist/Greylist
- Clear All Cookies for a Domain
- Supports Manual Mode Cleaning from the popup
- Easily See the Number of Cookies for a site
This extension does not clean cookies automatically until you click "Active Mode". This gives you the chance to add sites to the WhiteList.
1. Add the sites you want to keep cookies in the WhiteList (permanently) or GreyList (until Browser restart)
2. Toggle "Auto-clean" in the popup or "Automatic cleaning" in the settings
3. Watch those unused cookies disappear :)
You can disable Cleanup Notifications via the Settings.
Popup Menu Features
Clean: This is basically a quick way of activating the Cookie Cleanup on demand. This looks at all your cookies and deletes them if they are not in any Open Tabs or the WhiteList.
Clean, include open tabs: Same thing as Cookie Cleanup except that it only deletes cookies only if they are not in the WhiteList. Open tabs are not taken into consideration.
Clear All Cookies for This Domain: Easy way to delete all cookies for one particular domain that you are on.
Some things to Note:
- This Extension can't clear LocalStorage yet
- Even though third party cookies are cleared with this extension, it is better to disable third party cookies from the settings
- The delay is in minutes because timers in Chrome are allowed to fire once per minute. In 2.0.0, you can set the delay to 0 now since it will bypass creating a timer.
- The Default Setting will clear any storage (including whitelists) made by the extension, but it is essentially a "clean slate".
- If nothing works, then you can make a new profile and see if the issue persists there.
- If a new profile still doesn't work or if you have any other problem, file an issue on GitHub. Maybe we can work it out.