ConstEdit word processor is an html document editor. It supports voice typing, html5 sections and external stylesheets.
Changes of current update :
- new : Voice Typing to insert text from speech recognition
- fixed : Remove Table Column now handles jagged tables correctly
- fixed : Paste Plain Text no longer trims away leading and trailing white-spaces from the pasted text
- fixed : Options Page of the extension is now scrollable in Chrome version 65
ConstEdit works full-featured during the 31-days free trial period. After that you have to pay for a full license in order to perform Save action. All other functionality still works normally whether or not you have a full license.
ConstEdit is a full-featured word processor that writes documents in the html format. No coding skill on html is required. Numerous popup tool-tips are set into the user interface extensively to help you get familiarized quickly.
It is not an online html editor that relies on connecting to an internet service. It works locally in your device for more data security and performance.
It provides all the editing functionality that you would expect from a regular word processor, such as rich text editing, spell-checking, auto-capitalization, and auto-correction. The features mentioned below however make ConstEdit stand out from other editors.
1. Document Sections Structure. You can visualize and manage your doc sections structure conveniently with drag-and-drop.
2. Separation of formatting from authoring. Formatting of document is done automatically by assigning an external stylesheet to your doc. You can now concentrate on your authoring. Elements in your doc is formatted automatically on-the-fly as you type, according to the stylesheet. Writing a doc is just as simple as using the plain text format.
3. Design Html Stylesheets. With ConstEdit, you can design and generate your own custom stylesheets for use with your documents. ConstEdit comes with 4 ready-to-use stylesheets.
Free Trial. Within the 31-days free trial period, you have access to all functions. After that "Save" action will be disabled, unless you purchase a full license. You can continue using all other features of the editor though.
For example, you still can make use of "Copy Html" to copy your content as Html code to paste into your blog authoring tool, if your tool accepts Html code (such as Blogger of Google). This way you can prepare complicated formats such as Table for your blogs.