ConstEdit word processor is an html document editor. It supports voice typing, html5 sections and external stylesheets.
Changes of the current version since the last update :
- Fixed. The previous printer symbol used in the ui is not found in certain non-Windows platforms.
- Changed. Use fixed width for the filename shown on the ui, so that the main menu item positions won't be shifted with different files.
- Fixed. Filenames without extension are now skipped and won't be included in Recent Files.
- Fixed. After performing Convert To Abs/Rel Url, the css pathname as shown in the Doc Stylesheet ui tooltip should be updated immediately.
- Fixed. Very minor cosmetic changes to the ui.
ConstEdit is a word processor that writes documents in the html format. No coding skill on html is required. Numerous popup tool-tips are set into the user interface extensively to help you get familiarized quickly.
It is not an online html editor that relies on connecting to an internet service. It works locally in your device for more data security and performance.
It provides all the editing functionality that you would expect from a regular word processor, such as rich text editing, spell-checking, auto-capitalization, and auto-correction. The features mentioned below however make ConstEdit stand out from other editors.
1. Document Sections Structure. You can visualize and manage your doc sections structure conveniently with drag-and-drop.
2. Separation of formatting from authoring. Formatting of document is done automatically by assigning an external stylesheet to your doc. You can now concentrate on your authoring. Elements in your doc is formatted automatically on-the-fly as you type, according to the stylesheet. Writing a doc is just as simple as using the plain text format.
3. Design Html Stylesheets. With ConstEdit, you can design and generate your own custom stylesheets for use with your documents. ConstEdit comes with 4 ready-to-use stylesheets.
4. Voice Typing. ConstEdit supports text input through voice typing with Speech Recognition.
5. Footnotes. You can set footnotes conveniently and you can switch quickly between the locations of the legs of the footnotes.
6. Html Code Editor. If you are a developer, you may use the ConstEdit + Developer Tools combo as a simple and handy html source code editor.
7. Copy Html for Bloggers. You can make use of "Copy Html" to copy your content as Html code to paste into your blog authoring tool, if your tool accepts Html code (such as Google Blogger). This way you can prepare complicated formats such as Table for your blogs conveniently.