ConstEdit word processor is an html document editor. It supports voice typing, html5 sections and external stylesheets.
Changes of the current version since v4.0 :
- Emergency Fix. EULA url is changed by the recent Google Drive security update.
- Changed. Make message on popup page more instructive if "Allow access to local URLs" is not enabled.
- Added. A new shortcut key Ctrl+Shift+F1 is added for toggling Voice Typing.
- Added. New shortcut keys Ctrl+F2/F3 are added for Lowercase/Uppercase.
- Changed. Shortcut keys for Numbered/Bulleted List, Outdent/Indent and Move Up/Down have been changed to Ctrl+Shift+F7/F8/F9/F10/F11/F12 respectively, to avoid clashing with keys in Windows.
- Changed. Voice Input language codes for Chinese languages have been changed so that they are fully compatible with both Google Chrome and Microsoft Edge.
ConstEdit is a word processor that writes documents in the html format. No coding skill on html is required. Numerous popup tool-tips are set into the user interface extensively to help you get familiarized quickly.
It is not an online html editor that relies on connecting to an internet service. It works locally in your device for more data security and performance.
It provides all the editing functionality that you would expect from a regular word processor, such as rich text editing, spell-checking, auto-capitalization, and auto-correction. The features mentioned below however make ConstEdit stand out from other editors.
1. Document Sections Structure. You can visualize and manage your doc sections structure conveniently with drag-and-drop.
2. Separation of formatting from authoring. Formatting of document is done automatically by assigning an external stylesheet to your doc. You can now concentrate on your authoring. Elements in your doc is formatted automatically on-the-fly as you type, according to the stylesheet. Writing a doc is just as simple as using the plain text format.
3. Design Html Stylesheets. With ConstEdit, you can design and generate your own custom stylesheets for use with your documents. ConstEdit comes with 4 ready-to-use stylesheets.
4. Voice Typing. ConstEdit supports text input through voice typing with Speech Recognition.
5. Footnotes. You can set footnotes conveniently and you can switch quickly between the locations of the legs of the footnotes.
6. Html Code Editor. If you are a developer, you may use the ConstEdit + Developer Tools combo as a simple and handy html source code editor.
7. Copy Html for Bloggers. You can make use of "Copy Html" to copy your content as Html code to paste into your blog authoring tool, if your tool accepts Html code (such as Google Blogger). This way you can prepare complicated formats such as Table for your blogs conveniently.
8. Other features. Common capabilities of regular word processors are of course also supported by ConstEdit : e.g. auto-numbering of sections / tables / figures / footnote, auto-capitalization, auto-convert, spell-check, etc.